Mental Health Forums

God Damn Side Effects

ragdoll

ok now ive got the god damn shakes from my medications and even my shrink doesnt know which one its from. it could be from the stelazine or it could be from the lithium. if its from the stelazine i have cogentin to stop it but its not working very well and if its the lithium then theres nothing to stop it and apparantly im just going to have to deal with it. how fair is that. the shaking is that bad its becoming noticable to others and its worse in my right hand than my left although the left is getting worse aswell. does anyone else suffer from a tremor? how do you deal with it?

rag

a lot of times i shake even when i am not on meds. i assume they checked your litium level and it isnt too high? sometimes it will go away when your body adjust more to it.

good luck

bets

Hi rag. Yeah, I had the 'lithium shakes' while on lithium (what else lol!). I'm not on it anymore but it was definately a side effect of lithium. It was quite noticeable, some days more than others for some reason and always worse in my right hand. Theres not much u can do about it other than get used to it, which i did, it just became another one of the things u deal with along with symptoms and other side effects. :wacko:

rag I have been on lithium almost 3 years and never a shake have had. Well I have had a banana shake and a chocolate shake but thats the extent of my shaking. Make sure doc does a level. I am sure ya will be OK. Love ya babe (((((((((((((Bunny Hugs)))))))))))0

i have levels taken weekly and im only at 0.5. they want me to be at 0.9. i dont know what any of that means. and they have me on 2grams per day. my levels seem to stay at 0.5 i dont want to increase my dose if it means that im going to get more side effects from it. people are picking it up and that is where it becomes a problem for me. it is embarrassing. i suppose it is something im gonna have to deal with but when people ask why i am shaking i dont know what to say, i suppose its a bit like the post from the other member who was worried about the scars on their arms and people seeing them if they wore short sleeves outside. they wouldnt know what to say if ppl asked where they came from. well i dont know what to say about my shaking because i cant even carry a coffee cup in one hand alone to someone without it spilling everywhere. i have to use both hands on a bad day. its like i have parkinsons sometime.

anyway ive babbled too much as usual, ill let you all go in peace now lol.

rag

Archived