Mental Health Forums

Medication Help

cady4evr

Hi :) I have psychotic depression and severe OCD and BPD. I have been taking Paxil and Zyprexa. In the past I have taken Welbutrin ,Risperdal, and Zoloft. Non of these meds have worked for me. I was officially diagnosed almost a year ago. I don't mind the depression all that much been dealing with it all my life, used to it you know but the most debillitating one is the OCD. I'm afraid to go out because whenever I drive my car knowing i have to park it in my driveway i have to spend around an hour making sure that everything is off and locked. Knowing this i don't like to leave my house in fear i have to do this everytime i go out. But back to my question is I have taken these medications and found that none of them have worked for me. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions who has specifically has OCD has had what kind of medications have worked for them??? I'm thinking about trying Prozac but i don't know if it worth a try or not. I'm tired of taking these diff meds with having the outcome of them not working for me. I guess my question for those who have tried Prozac did it workj or not and my other question is what other meds you all have suggestioning that may work for me.??? please write back thanx so much :wub:

I loved prozac, it was great, but as with everything you need to talk to your doctor. I dont know if it helps OCD. It helped me lose weight. Talk to your doc as I say, or a Pharmacist. Best of luck.

Archived