Mental Health Forums

Hi

Maddy

Hi~

My name is Maddy.....I'm 22.

I have had depression, Anxiety & OCD for some time now but my doctor just mentioned BPD to me. The truth is I don't understand it.... ;)

So I'm really glad I found this site.....I hope there are some people that can help me understand myself.

Maddy

This site has taught me sooooo much about myself - I think you'll be glad you found it, and we are always glad for new points of view. You'll have fun here.

Verbena

Maddy the truth is, that there are many of us that have known for years about our BPD and still dont understand it. But I am not wanting to disillusion you. There is hope out there. I dont think that you can understand it fully, but you can get a BETTER understanding of it, thats all one can ever really want and expect. If you have the opportunity for a DBT group, jump at it. DBT is Dialectical Behavioral training, that was specifically designed for those of us with BPD. And it works. It has really helped me. I think that you should also find a therapist that you trust, I think that that is vital.

The ppl that post here are very knowledgable, if you have questions, ask them here, if they dont know, they will find out. I think more importantly the people here are kind and show much empathy.This is a great forum. I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome to the site and I hope you are doing well. This is a wonderful site and very informative. The people here are great. I think you will be glade you found us. :wub: Jessica

Archived