Mental Health Forums

Hello All From Leeds

Si-Leeds

Thanks Amanda .... I am finding it useful to come on here and talk rather than try and talk to friends who dont understand .. here you feel understood and amongst friends .. quite a rareity!

As for PTSD, I am one of I believe under 1000 serviceman ever dignosed with PTSD and even then they try to blame it on other things ...

Never that.The fact I was to young, my past,everything,not 'designed' for such situations,doing me a favour letting me out....

Blah,not an area I really talk about.

Interesting numbers though.

Hi Si

Thanks for your reply and I am so pleased that you feel welcomed onto the site. The people here really are lovely and very caring. As for your comments about PTSD then I know that you must really have had awful problems with this when you were in the services. I had a friend that had been in the armed services and had PTSD which wasn't diagnosed until he left the army and he really struggled terribly both in and out of service. So I wish you all the best promoting help for PTSD suffers. You sound like a very strong person and I am sure that you will be a great advocate and source of support for people that have had similar experiences. In the meantime, please use this excellent site for any help and support that you need.

All the best

Thanks Amanda a very decent reply from you ...

I have indeed had to go through a lot as many people on here have but with the forces you have to almost kill yourself just to even get any help .... I wasnt diagnosed with PTSD caused by my service until 3 years after I left and you have to go to court every year to almost prove your illness ...

In a way I am lucky in the fact that I have tried to use my illness as a posative thing and am a trained cousellor who does a lot of work with Leeds mental health and sites such as this only act as a great way to share experiences

Archived