Mental Health Forums

Temazepam

twilight

I went to the dr today cos I have become immune to zopiclone, it does nothing to help me sleep anymore. He gave me temazepam...has anyone had it? Does it work for u?

I took one this afternoon along with a few lorazepam to try and sleep through the day cos i was getting extremely low. I slept on and off for 3 hours but that was it! I thought it might have taken me through the night! How naive of me.

He's told me to take 1x10mg but i looked in a book and it said u can take 10-40mg so just wondering if ppl take it and how much. I know its different for everyone but its good to get some feedback when u start a new med.

Take care all xx

Hi Twi!

Ive had the same problems, zopiclone wore off really quickly, so did temazepam, but its always different for different ppl! What has worked for me at the moment is nitrazepam or diazepam :) My doc just changes it when it starts to not work! i also dont take it everynight because than it does wear off quickly! so if im feeling ok i dont take it, just stay up and do stuff till feel tired.

hope it works for you

tc jo xx

Temazepam is in the benzodiazapine family like ativan. Medicine should always be taken the way it has been prescribed, because there is always a reason it is prescribed that way. This medicine is also called restoril in the US, and although I was once prescribed it, I couldnt tell ya what it does cause I never took it. Very useful indeed.

temazepam is supposed to put you to sleep

where as

nitrazepam is designed to keep you asleep.

diazepam is a muscle relaxant not a sleep medication however it may still be

classed as a benzodiazapine

the two have different effects and are used for different reasons

like any drug it is important to stick to the prescribed dose and talk to your doctor frequently if you are not getting the desired effect from the drug.

good luck mate, hope i dont sound to smart arsey:wacko:

rag :blush:

Wow thanx for all the replies! Rag, u are like a little encyclopeadia (sp?) ...thanks for the info.

Will try to stick to the prescribed dose! :blush: Took one last night and did manage some sleep...hooray! :D

Take care and thanx for the feedback...appreciate it lots cos feeling v paranoid at the mo!

Twi xxx

• 3 weeks later...

hey twi

i finally found a combination that helps me to get a fantastic nights sleep but i dont know if you'll have these med in the uk.

1 zoplidem aka stilnox

1 mersyndol

sometimes i throw in my prescribed does of stelazine aswell, but not often as i dont need it. after i take the above mentioned im asleep within 20 mins. my doctor knows about this and says its fine he prescribed it. i sleep almost right through the night, until i have to go to the loo, but then i am able to go right back to sleep. i am able to get close to 9 hours sleep and i dont feel wasted in the morning.

would be good to speak to your doctor before you try this though as i dont know what other med you are on and if there will be any interactions with them. you need a script for them anyway and here in australia they are not cheap even with a script.

stace aka rag

(((((((((stace))))))))) Thanx for posting that for me....I will look into them and see if we have them here. They sound great!!! Glad something is working for you, it makes such a difference. I'll talk to dr about it next time I'm there.

Hope you're feeling a little better now and had a good weekend.

Thanks hun

Twi xxxxx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived