Mental Health Forums

New And Nervous

Sooz

Hi,

I am new here.

I am new to the idea of BDP having been new to the idea of Bipolar.

I am new to the idea finally of being appointed a CPN and guess what? She is discarging me for fear of dependency.. after seeing me four times.

Hi guys...

Glad I found you.

Sooz

Thank you so much for your reply.

I feel depressed and let down. I was finally referred by my GP to a psych five years ago. He referred me pretty much immediately for CBT for which I waited 2 years... saw a lovely guy who sat and said we could work together, but said he would not take me on as he could only offer me four sessions and would want to work for at least two years... I was put on another waiting list for psychotherapy instead... another two years... saw a woman in the summer.. she fell asleep in both sessions...

And thus... a CPN. She is lovely. But why, why boom or bust? I am not and will not become dependant... just nice to know there is someone there if things get too much. And after being reminded yesterday that her support is being withdrawn in four weeks.... plummet.

I feel so depressed.

Sorry... dont normally moan.

Sooz

Welcome Sooz moan away thats what this place is for ;)

Could you not try any of the local charities that might be able to offer you some support as there are some good ones nowadays

Sooz,

I had a female psychologist fall asleep

during session once. Unbelievable!! But

I guess they sit still for a long time in

a stuffy, warm room and listen to us drone

on and on...still, I was quite upset and

quit her right away. Maybe should have

given her another chance as things went

from bad to worse after that, but all is

better now. Glad you're here!!

XXX

Ann

Hi Sooz,

I just wanted to say I really feel for you, all that waiting and still no support. Does your GP or PDoc help anymore? I hope someone does.

Anyway, this place is quite supportive and there is always someone around to chat.

Nice to say hi,

Jane

Hi Sooz :wub:

Welcome - Good you have joined us -

You'll get plenty of support here -

So sorry about the waiting and your CPN - Just wondering could be

that due to Caseload limits/Work load they can only take on those

with urgent needs, in crisis or whatever long term . I don't know -

That's not to say you are not important but with cut backs and

everything else, maybe they don't have the resources to stretch to

support everyone who needs it.Really sad.

I've not come across that before where they are concerned you'll

be too dependant - suppose cause my CMHT is different? Though

I haven't got BPD so couldn't say but I do have other needs that I get

support for on here -

Anyway a huge welcome and you come here as often as you need/want -

here for you and take care :wub:

Welcome Sooz

feel a little rant coming up on your behalf ........

Falling asleep once was bad, but twice is unforgivable, did you report them? In any other profession falling asleep on the job is unacceptable so why should it be any different for these people.

Your CPN needs to get real 4 sessions and she thinks you are becoming dependant on her, sorry but who died and made her God?

We won't push you away, nor fall asleep on you, a big welcome to a place where you will be heard.

L xx

After 7 years of back and forward to my gp i was put on a waiting list for CBT, i didnt wait too long but i did do a few things to myself to hurry up the waiting list, not advisable! I was given a T who in his first appointment told me that he probably was not what i needed as i SH he said i needed a CPN, although it was her who refferred me. So i asked him to stick it out for a while, after my first hour he told me i would have 1 hour every 2 weeks for 6 sessions. I was gutted! 6 hours over 3 months (hope the maths isnt too bad!) For a problem i had had for well over 7 years!

I saw him 2 times then moved and found myself at the bottom of another waiting list. I havent seen a t here but i have seen the crisis team and judging by their lack of interest i dont think ill need them again.

As hard as it is, you have to fight for the right help, you getting better is important to you, not so much them unfortunately.

Archived