Mental Health Forums

Fantasy Life

verbena

I am prone to making up terrible, ugly fantasies - usually about real people. I don't know what purpose it serves me. I don't necessarily share them with anyone, just lay in bed and think about them. I often put my therapist in hateful positions...

well, i'm not sure if you are saying here that you don't like doing this and want to stop. if that's the case, maybe you could think about yourself in wonderful situations...like you in a fatasy land. i've been day dreaming alot about myself in situations i would love to be in, maybe you could do that instead....if it is that you don't like doing this and think you should stop.

i think it is a form of escapism at least it is for me, i have loads of "situations" that ive created in my head both good and bad it depends on what mood im in at the time. Its a form of control, i get to decide what happens and i cant do that in real life.

I totally agree with flippy...i often daydream about doing terrible things to people too.....but i think if i didnt express it that way i might be running out of places to hide their bodies!!!!! LOL.......I think its perfectly healthy...... :P

...........Audrey..............

Archived