Mental Health Forums

Nytol

Axelle

Does anyone know if Nytol can help "calm down" during the day?

I know it's not its first function, but if it helps sleeping it should help quiting at any time?

My pdoc said: "no more Valium" :(

just when my T. is away for a month, and when I start s/a again!!!

taking it in th day will make you quite drowsy, dont try to do any thing difficult, that stuff feels a bit like being drunk, adnd you get a hangover too, at least i do....not sure i'd recommend it, but you will do what you need to, sorry not a lot of help,

tony

That is helpfull Tony!

Not the sort of feeling I am looking for!

Yet, need to get numb every now and again, just coping strategy to avoid anything bigger.

Need to slow my mind down at times, nit that I am over intelligent! But it goes so far that nothing seem real anymore, or too much.

Valium helped in those occasion

PS: never been dependant on Valium, was given 28*5mg for a month. 5 days with none, 1 day on 20mg... I managed well!

you get a HANGOVER??????????????

I do if i i use them for sleeping, ihave to take more than the right dose, iam very resistant to sedatives an tranquilisers, adn i wake up feeling crap, and stupid,,,,,,ok that may be me anyway, but that's how i feel.

Valium adn other benzos are much better in my opinion, adn i nevr got addicted,

tony

not sure what to recommend if you cant get Benzos............i am in th bad habit of using my prescribed painkillers to take th edge off life, but thatis'nt a very good idea, i try no t to do it too much :blush:

I do if i i use them for sleeping, ihave to take more than the right dose, iam very resistant to sedatives an tranquilisers, adn i wake up feeling crap, and stupid,,,,,,ok that may be me anyway, but that's how i feel.

I know that almost anytime I take ANYTHING to make me sleep (OTC stuff) I wake up with hangover-like symptoms... dry mouth, groggy, slow (-er than normal) to move/react,.... and yes, stupid... :D

and that's when I take the normal dose

don't think it was a mistake to post !!

Just talked to NHSDirect... and well there is no point!

I should not be off Valium right now (T. on holliday, me s/a ha[[ily...).

Have to see GP tomorrow and find a common ground!

But sure Nytol= B*****k , move on, can't even take an OD on it!

Actually took 2 tabs 3 hours ago,... and I am as fresh as a spring flower! :D

careful with nitol, if u are on antidepressants you are not supposed to take it. check with pharmacist first

maybe try kalms, they are supposed to (as the name would suggest!) keep u calm, but also, chack with pharmacist if u r on other medication before taking them

I was asked if I was on any medic, and I said NO, as I was sure I would not get it!

It is a miserable behaviour, coming from a miserable mind!

Not mentionned on the notice that Nytol does not go with a/d!

Will solve the prob tomorrow hopefully!

Archived