Mental Health Forums

Community Mental Health Team

TheChangeling

This morning, before i got up(i.e. b4 12 :blush::blush::blush: ) i got a phone call from a man saying he is a senior nurse with th local CMHT; my gp wants me to seethem and has put in an for an appointment for me........

anyway he asked me several questions, i was a bit dopy, too many pills last night :rolleyes: , i've no idea what i said to him, adn now my paranoia is getting th better of me,,,,,

Who are these ppl??? in all my long experiance with our wonderful MH services (started at age 8, hasn't stopped yet) i dont think i have ever come across them?!?!? what do they do, why was he asking questions over th phone? are they any use??? so many questions, and i have to go out now, hope someone can give me an answer for when i get back, thxx,

tony

CMHT are where your local friendly CPN's live ... my local team which is West Leeds MHT has about 5 CPN's and a Team Manager ...

Hope that explains, hopefully it means that if you didnt have a CPN then you will hopefully get one after being assesed!

Yeah they should line you up with a CPN, who will be your point of contact with your mental health team. I wouldn't worry too much about what you said, if you have a good CMHT they're useful people to have. Hope all goes well,

Vicky

Did you find out any more about them or see them yet? I'm curious because my local council PALS officer has asked my GP to make a referral to CMHT for me. They are meant to be v useful if they think you need help anyhow.

Something good has happened since I got referred to CMHT, tho I should say that they still haven't contacted me.

The PALS officer of my local Council referred me for assessment. I was ranting to PALS that I need someone on my side because of problems with the Council and HousBen - a situation that has been going on for months. I told her my MH probs are made worse by the constant anxiety. Anyway, strange enuff, the next day Head of HousBen at the Council contacted me and has personally sorted out all my problems and has told me not to worry, they just want me to get well again. I feel like these two things are connected. HousBen have been treating me like shit for months and then all of a sudden I'm getting personal care from the top dog.

I should say don't hold back on telling them your problems, I think they might actually have influence.

wow that's good realscape, real help from those who are supposed to help, makes a change to hear that, ok i will try to b more optimistic aboutthis, mind you my glass isnt so much half empty as smashed, i prob smashed it myself :wacko:

To be honest it was more a mixture of bribery and fear. I had to agree to drop my formal complaints and they snuck my paperwork through an unofficial system. I CMHT made enquiries and it all got a bit too scary for them. In fact, it just goes to show how corrupt they are.

You better try and find a glass somewhere just in case they try to fill it. You can use it to smash them if they don't!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i finally get to see them tomorrow,,, i kept getting th appointment date wrong (subconsciuos wishful thinking :blush::rolleyes: )

Realscape if you read this did you get any further with them?? good luck anyway,,,,,,and if anyone else has any advice on how to deal with them i would be very grateful,,,,,,,,,to tell th truth i'm dreading it a bit...........fear of th unknown, and fear that what i say will be teaken wrong, esp. if they try to push me into more therapy when i havent yet recovered from th last lot :angry::angry::angry:

I know they are supposed to sort out my meds (again,,, nothing they give me works for long, some doesnt work at all, and i dont think i'm ready to give up my chemical crutches yet,

thxx

tony

Thinking of you and try not to be too anxious re meeting with CMHT, they are there for you, to listen to you, to help you, support you and meet your needs, they will understand how you feel and will not push you to do something you don't want to do unless you're ready - let us know how it goes-

and realscape so glad you got HB sorted - must b a huge weight off your mind - take care both of you :wub:

thxx, liberty and Bluegrass

I know i am being 'preemptively hostile' here,i know they are meant to help it's just i hav so many bad past expereinces that u must forgive me if iam nervous and not 100% enthusiastic about this but i know i got to do it, so ill report back when ive seen them,

txxx

Hi i'm back for a minute or 2,,,,,,,thxx to u all for your support its a great help :D:D:D

It took a long time, 1hr40 mins!! and i got to go back next week for more assessment( am i THAt complicated?? :o:rolleyes::wacko: ) and to find out what they want to do w me.

It could have been worse, th guy who interviewed me was an art therapist! and in a wheelchair so i felt less intimidated than i might have, i didn't lose my temper, not visibly anyway,i rememberde NEARLY everything i wanted to say, so i guess it all could have gone a lot worse :)B)

I feel very edgy now for some reason, so i'm going to lie down and rest a bit, i got to go out tonight to see Faithless at th Brixton Academy, so i need to unwind a bit 1st........thxx again for caring, see you a lot later probably, tke care hve fun :D:lol: ,

txxx

Hi, glad it went OK your CMHT assessment - i'm not surprised you thought that time was ages - I've been assessed before in my previous area and then when I moved to do new assessment with new area CMHT it took several hours a week over 4 weeks, though I must admit I was in a bad way and an ASW (Approved Social Worker) didn't want to miss absolutley anything!

She did a brilliant job though and then she used most of it, along with PDOc and GP report to get me DLA indefinatly, so all that effort was worth it!

Hope you get on with the rest of it OK - thanks for letting us know how things went, and hope you get the CPN or SW you need,

take care and enjoy Brixton!!

:wub:

I was never assessed by the CMHT...I was admitted to hosp a month after I moved here and was given my s.worker out of the team as she was the only one in the team who undrstood DBT as it isn't running where i live now.

not much help i know

Mrs TRee

Hey T

OMG! Faithless! They're my outstandingly favourite band. Anyway, glad you get to see them and glad the CMHT went good. Are you a creative person? They can refer you to art therapy and day groups and suchlike. Sounds really naff but theyre actually not, you can get studio space and access to facilities etc, and basically you need to get referred through CMHT to get the funding approved. Thats why I have asked to be assessed -psych referred me to a full time art therapy group but it wasn't funded. CMHT hold the keys to access this kind of thing. I STILL haven't seen them. Thanks for keeping us updated.

strange sense of deja vu here Tony!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lol: cut and paste is a wonderful thing u know ;)

Came back just to see who was here, i'm too tired to answer properly tonight, but i'll be back tomorrow, late prob i'm afraid, adn i'll say more then,

1 more thing, yes realscape i think i'm creative, i play guitar and some other instruments, andi write music when my head is working properly , sadly not atm :(:wacko: so maybe i can do that there.

O yes and Faithless were xlnt :D:D:D , adn thank god i can still dance, heals all sorts of things B):lol:

txxx

Archived