Mental Health Forums

Diagnosed Today After 20yrs Of Suffering

steveandchrissie

Finally i have been diagnosed with BPD after 20yrs of hell , i dont really know what it means but hopefully it means better treatment for myself .

HI to all my name is steve .

Finally i have been diagnosed with BPD after 20yrs of hell , i dont really know what it means but hopefully it means better treatment for myself .

HI to all my name is steve .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditto Steve, I can backtrack my problems 20 years!

And welcome xx :D

i feel that ive had bpd since i was 13, so that be 21 years ago.but only knew the name of it since last year when i took it in. i was diagnosed when in my early 20s.

Hi adn welcome :D i have no diagnosois myself, despite more than 30 years involvement with the Mental Health services, started when i was 8.......but i feel more at home here than anywhere else, so iguessi must belong too....everyone here has been friendly and helpful to me they will be for you too, both of you :D:D ,

tony

hi and welcome.

hope the diagnosis does lead to more targeted treatment for you, and you can begin to make sense of what goes on for you. it did for me anyway.

Welcome Steve

And yeah! a dx makes sense only if it is followed with appropriate treatment!

BPD is slightly more accepted now than 20 years ago, and more people are trained to treat it!

I hope you will get all the help you deserve!

It's a new journey! You will get through proudly!

welcome....

I think you will find this site very helpful. I found out I was bpd diagnosed a long time ago recently. I can identify with you life has been hell.. same here.... it sure explained a lot to me too.

ptsd is linked with my bpd so it all began 20 years ago september just gone. I wasnt diagnosed until this year and i still havent had the full evaluation done. but for me it was an answer to a 20 year long question...not that i knew what the question was

as soon as i looked up bpd it was almost like reading my biography, then when i read the explanations and case studies behind the signs and symptoms i felt so much better. I think its nice to know others share your feelings and that now it is becoming more aware.

Guess its better not to dwell on the past, after all who knows if it wouldve helped you to know back then, mental illness is seen as completely different these days, acceptable almost. 20 years ago biggots could have made you worse rather than better.

welcome anyway....

Your wife can read up on things now too, shes going to need support too, my husband reads all the books and websites

Archived