Mental Health Forums

Mmmmm....sleep....

luckygurl

.......I WAS JUST WONDERING SOMETHING AND THOUGHT ID GET THE OPINION OF ALL THE BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT PEOPLE READING THIS!!......HAVE YOU GUYS HAD SLEEP RELATED PROBLEMS YOUR WHOLE LIFE????......THIS HAS BEEN A HUGE ISSUE IN MY LIFE..IVE EVEN SEEN SEVERAL DOCTORS, BUT THEY ALL TELL ME ITS JUST DEPRESSION......I CAN SLEEP FOR LIKE 30 HOURS STRAIGHT......AND STILL WAKE UP FEELING SLEEPY.....IVE BEEN THIS WAY SINCE I WAS VERY SMALL, AND I ALSO SLEEP DURING THE DAY AND STAY UP AT NIGHT...THAT STARTED WHEN I WAS FIRST BORN.........ITS REALLY AFFECTED MY LIFE IN MNAY WAYS AND I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THAT IS A COMMON BITCH AMONG ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!....THANX 4 YOUR RESPONSES!!!

................aUDREY..................

Just the opposite. I've been wandering around the house while everyone else sleeps since I was a child. I used to just go downstairs and sit in a chair and wait for morning. Now I write and make calls, pray and masturbate, drink and take pills - anything to get to morning.

Hmm...i'm the opposite too i'm afraid, lack of sleep is my problem. Funny enough (not really funny actually) but I was looking on a sleep website today doing some work (supposed to be lol!) and there was a test so I did it for a laugh...it came out that i had FOUR different sleep disorders :lol: Didn't know so many existed! Amazing the amount of things u can get diagnosed with if u let them!

As for sleeping lots, i dunno, i know it can be a sign of depression but then if its been such a big problem for such a long time perhaps insist on seeing someone else to get another opinion.

Twi :)

i go through phases, sometimes i sleep all the time and others i stare at the ceiling praying for sleep. i am in the sleeping phase atm which seems to have been going on rather a long time not that im complaining its better than the insomnia.

Hey twilight...what site did you go on about the sleep tests?? That would be cool to take.........and I also wanted to say that for the first time in my life the past couple of weeks i haven't been able to sleep when I want to and then when morning hits I sleep all day......I've always been a night person, but I could usually go to sleep when I wanted to.....this whole not being able to sleep thing is driving me absolutly crazy...i even went to the doctor yesterday and got some sleeping pills......but it's really taken a toll on my life..there are weeks where I havent even seen daylight....not cool

Wabbit will you lighten the hell up please!!! people can say what they please unless it breaks some kind of rule! and i dont see any rule breakers here. so chill....... mastabation also helps with headaches ive heard (can i say that is it ok) oh shit i own the site, guess it is then. wow i like this do what ya want shit :P

Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY MY FORUM CAUSE ALL OF THAT SHIT!!!! AND IT WASNT ABOUT HEADACHES..ONLY SLEEP PROBLEMS...BUT ANYWAYS........THIS WASNT THE RESPONSE I EXPECTED.............

Luckgurl I wish I could sleep that would be heaven even when I do sleep I have nightmares or vivid dreams my longest sleep ever has been 6 hours. I am sooooooooo tired all the time :o ps thats me yawning!!

I guess i am lucky you guys...cause im already going crazy just not sleeping the past month.....and im already starting to get back on track with sleeping 12 hours again...i guess we should be careful what we wish for!!! For all of you that cant sleep though...there are several remedies that are supposed to help...and i would say sleeping pills, but that might not be such a good idea for most of us!.....Thanx for all the responses!! :wub:

WELL, MY STUPID DOCTOR USED TO GIVE PEOPLE ANY PILLS THEY WANTED..I SAW HIM FOR 15 MIN ONCE AND HE GAVE ME A YEARS SCRIPT OF PROZAC!! AND HES ONLY A GENERAL DOCTOR...BUT HE GOT CAUGHT GIVING PEOPLE WHATEVER PILLS THEY WANTED SO NOW WHEN I WENT TO SEE HIM FOR SOMETHING I ACTUALLY NEEDED HE ONLY GAVE ME 10 PILLS FOR SLEEPING!!! DUH...I NEED THEM EVERYNIGHT ASSHOLE!!! BUT A YEAR AGO HE SURE DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM GIVING ME ZANAX AND VICATIN AT THE DROP OF A HAT....ASSHOLE..... <_<

Man, I'm soooo glad you posted this (except of course, not the aftermath...) I've been a terrible sleeper for ever! My mother says when I was a baby i used to wake in the middle night becuase I was bored, so she started just leaving toys in my coot, and I'd play than go back to sleep. I find I can go for days on very sleep but then days of all sleep. As for waking up still feeling tired- I had this for a long time and it turned out to be anaemia (I had been veggie for 8 years)- could this be a potential for you? I remember not being able to sleep all through secondary school and used to really worry about it, which of course makes it worse! Worrying about not getting enough sleep stops you from going to sleep! I also find that if I go bed at a 'reasonable' time (ie, before midnight) I find it impossible to get up for work the next day. If, on the other hand, I find it hard to sleep and drop off about 4-5 am, I can make it into work by 8am. It's all totally weird. A Dr told me I had very poor sleep hygeine. I think I'm just programmed differently to sleep weird. Do you have strange dreams, panic attacks in your sleep, anything like that? Tell me to F off if I'm being too nosy.

No!! I dont think you are being to nosy at all....thats what this site is for!!lol :P .......yes I've always had very vivid dreams...but its always been a welcome escape.....when I was very young i used to have horrible, terrible, awful VERY real nightmares, so as a result I was always very scared to go to sleep and I would start to get panic attacks when it even got dark out..I used to try and sleep and I'd get up every minute or so to compulsivly check the hallway, and closet and under the bed....it drove me nuts cause it would be like 4 am and id finally drift off to sleep only because sheer exhaustion!!!! Now..I just stay up alllllllll night and sleep during the better half of theday..like I said up above, I was just given sleeping pills, and I've taken them everynight the way I was supposed to, but then I didn't take then tonite...and now its 3:30am and I'm still wide awake...I think I'm like you eirian I think I dont have a normal sleep schedule to even "get back on!!!" ...Sometimes its a good thing for me though....... :blush: ............Audrey..........

how is stilnox(zolpidem) supposed to work for sleep can anyone tell me? its got me buggered it does jack for me. im on it atm and apparantly its supposed to be the strongest sleeper on the market and i have no reaction to it. anyone else have this effect if heard of it???

rag

Have always thought insomia is BPDers' best/worst mate! Yeah, sleep has always been a problem. For me, its always insufficient deep uninterrupted sleep. I've given up looking for it! Dreams are a norm, frightening ones mostlt DOH! <_<

Anyway, am managing it....what gives? :wacko:

Josh & Wabbit & the M word always makes me chuckle. Josh n his do whatever he wants shit! LOL :lol:

Raggy - I have no idea how to get u to sleep other then wack u over with a imaginery hammer!!!!!!!!! Or maybe I can sing u endless lullabyes?????? That'll only bored u to tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B) So sorry I had to run earlier today, was really feeling green...better now.

Budgie :wub:

everyone is so cruel to me :o ...lmao...hit me over the head with a hammer thats right. probably knock some sense into me :blink::wacko: not put me to sleep. heehehehehehe i know what puts me to sleep. lmao

:wub: RAG

Archived