Mental Health Forums

Question About Meds And Jobs

Martina

Hey guys!

I'm going in on Monday to sign some papers for a job I got recently, and I have to go in for a drug test.

I take Depakote, Zoloft, and Seroquel. Will these have any impact on the drug test??

I'm working my way up to the regular dosage of Seroquel and Zoloft, since these are still new to me.

I take (currently) 1000 mg daily Depakote, 100mg of Zoloft, and 50 mg of seroquel, which will be increased in a few days to 100 mg.... If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks!!

I think they only check for particular drugs but am no way sure on this. Maybe you can ask the person doing the test beforehand if prescription meds show up?

Or if you know what kind of test they do check it out on the internet?

Tc

Em xxx

i dont know where you are so i'm not sure how your drug screens function. the ones we have our employees do test for specific drugs but they are told to declare any prescription medication that they are on to the screeners and take their prescription med bottles with them to the test. this proves they are dr. prescribed medications.

good luck

bets

Yes, I just asked this question of our assistant administrator Friday, and here, they test for Marijuana, cocaine amphetimines and methanphetimines. But I'm sure it is different everywhere. I was surprised they don't test for alcohol here, but he said that is coming.

I think it's important to remember that there are more people on psychotropic medications that we realize, and they probably have dealt with this issue before, and not to worry.

Archived