Mental Health Forums

Starting Dbt

ProzacPrincess

hey everyone, i'm starting DBT on tuesday and already am getting really nervous about it i just wondered if anyone who's had DBT could tell me anything about what it's like or anything? this would be a great help in easing my nerves... i hope!

Hi,

I have never being to DBT but loads of people have said how great it is. I hope it works for you. It will probably be less scarey in reality then what u think before.

Good Luck and take care

Tory

Sweet Prozac Princess, keep talkin those Radiohead words baby! Heve recently started DBT myself- had a really good day today so currently love DBT! It's hard, you have to work HARD. Also helps if you research into Zen- the whole mindfulness is a good thing. Keep an open mind, and a watchful eye.

xxxxxxxx :D

hey thanks guys, you were right it wasn't as bad as i thought, but i only had my assessment today. but everyone was really nice so i'm feeling really positive about it :D will keep you posted with how i get on with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi..

I noticed u said u went for first session and it was ok thats GREAT the nerves of the first sessions are so hard. but STICK WITH IT

I have just completed the first module of DBT *Core mindfullness* and if I am correct this would be the module that you would be starting on.

11 weeks after it started i am not cured i didnt expect to be but i can tell u honestly I am a Differnt person now as to when i started nad i am on the waiting list for the next module and would recomend this treatment to ANY BPD SUFFERERS thier is A LOT of work in it, sometimes it feel slike too much adn it can be TOO overwelming and i wanted to quit numerous times, but i had great therpists and also group members by my side all the way.

I urge you to try see the program out it is so benificail once you grasp the skills.

I am MIDNFULL of ALL MY SOROUNDINGS and FEELINGS now and it is great.

DBT has helped me so much, sure i slip and i am slipping at times but i can come back and most importantly i can REALISE that i can come back.

A HUGE GOod Luck

Let us know how you go

Katy

Archived