Mental Health Forums

Hospitalization...

lilnikki837

I just wanted to know...What happens when you are hospitalized for "being a danger to yourself"? What do they (the doctors) do? What do you do? I really just need to know. It kinda seems to be a likely possibility of where I'll be pretty soon. I'm hoping not, but I'm worse than last time and they suggested in-patient treatment...Please answer... :(

Hey there!! I might not able to fully answer your question as every hospital is different in their own ways, but from previous experience I can say that you'll probably be monitored quite often, and that you'll probably go to TONS of group and individual therapy...it may all seem really scary at first, but it could be a great help to you!!! You'll get visits like after a few days and you may be able to earn certain priveleges....You'll be ok.........Good Luck!!! :wub:

Thanks! ;)

I really hope I'm not too scared if it comes to that. I hate being in group stuff though so that maybe tough. <_< Otherwise, I can understand being monitored and everything else...I just hope it's not as scary as it seems. I pretty much just wish I could go there and just sit alone by myself and only do individual stuff. Just so I can be safe and have time to think without hurting myself. Ya, so....thanks!

~nikki

Goodness I couldn't honestly tell you.

I mean I've heard alot of stories from my Dad about when He was in the mental hospital, but they were always either about the meditation they told them to do, or about the doctors, or the funny ways he used to fool people. I'd ask him, but I don't know when I could... I have to be careful of when I tread over those waters. But if I get the chance I'll ask for ya!!

Hi hun, I hope u don't have to go to hospital but it can be a safe place to be for a while if u need it. I would say don't worry but I can't say that cos I was shit scared! But it is in a way a relief. Yeah they do monitor u closely...be prepared to have a torch shined in your face every hour through the night! The thing is, it will be different everywhere. I don't want to say much, I could tell u loads but i don't want to put u off cos at the end of the day, if u need the support then u will get through it. As for lots of therapy...I had none while in hosp so it does vary. If u got any more q's ask away! It does depend on the ward u are in, I was allowed to come and go for a while, go for walks etc but then they made me ward based and I was locked in!! Not much fun but keeps u safe.

Take care hun x

They'll probably have a day hospital, where you can go to do fun things and learn things, at my local hospital you can join the breakfast club and cook breakfast, you can get your own alotment, do woodwork, art, exercise all kinds of things.

Lisa

Archived