Mental Health Forums

My Memory Is Non-existent.......

luckygurl

K.....ANOTHER QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY.........DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAVE A ABSOLUTLY HORRIBLE MEMORY??????????? I MEAN WHEN I THINK ABOUT A WEEK AGO IT SEEMS KINDA LIKE A DREAM..ITS HARD TO DESCRIBE, BUTITS SOMETHING CRAZY...WHEN I THINK ABOUT YEARS AGO, IT SEEMS LIKE THEY NEVER HAPPENED I FEEL LIKE I LIVE DAY TO DAY, AND ANYTHING ELSE IS ALL HAZY..............EVEN PEOPLES NAMES.......CAN ANYBODY RELATE OUT THERE???!!!! tHANKS FOR THE REPLYS IN ADVANCE!!! :P

................aUDREY.............

I hear ya chick, half the time I claim to remember stuff that hasn't happened and others- nothing! I almost feel that when I do actually sleep, my dreams are so vivid and real I transpose them into real life and think stuff has happened when it hasn't. Our brains just work differently, is all!

I don't have a horrible memory but Dexter sure does.

It used to be alot worse before he left for Iraq though... Its improved a bit since he's been in the sandbox.

With me, sometimes when I'm at my worst points I can't remember even what I did five minutes ago... Generally I have a good memory, as I've said, but during those horrible moments I can't remember anything.

I can understand where you're coming from completely! It's made even worse for me because I have severe Fibromyalgia Syndrome, which affects memory, concentration, even the ability to think at all! Some people call it "Fibro Fog." Because of the BPD anf Fibromyalgia together, my memory has become almost non-existant. I have the memory of a goldfish, which people think is funny, but becomes really frustrating and has quite an impact on my life. In the past I have forgotten my own age, my middle name, my date of birth, the sentance I was in the middle of saying to someone... People (including myself) find it hard to believe that my memory can be so bad when I'm only 19, they think I have "selective memory" when I can't remember talking about something important. One day I was (apparently) speaking to my nurse about cutting my arms and wanting to die the night before. - The next day I had no recollection of the conversation, and still don't! Talk about frustration!!! I can't go out anywhere without the fear of forgetting where I'm going and who I'm going to meet. :wacko:

Gosh, I can completely relate to what people have said. Especially the dreams thing...I get so confused about what is real and what I've dreamt, I'm always challenging ppl about something I did or a conversation I had with them and it often turns out it never happened. And then of course theres the memory thing that means most the time I don't remember the 'real' stuff....so really i live in world of complete unreality. My memory is really bad, I don't remember most of what I have done in the last year or so, ppl are always having to presuade me that i have been to blah blah and I have seen so and so film....I can watch films and have no recollection so its like new every time! Good sometimes but bad others :( My bad memory is down to ECT, they said it would be v short term memory loss but it wiped a hell of a lot of my memory. My nickname is now Dorie from Finding Nemo...they all find it hilarious but it really bugs me that i have no recollection of the things ppl are talking about...its like i don't really exist, or if i do its only in my dreams that all seem so real :wacko:

PEOPLE CANT BELIEVE THAT I DONT REMEBER AS MUCH AS I DONT..I FEEL LIKE IM BEING ROBBED THOUGH, OF PRECIOUS MEMEORIES....IT REALLY SUCKS...IM GLAD OTHERS CAN IDENTIFY THOUGH!!!! ^_^

Archived