Mental Health Forums

"lost" Channel 4

chloeJ1980

Does anyone else watch "lost" and think the island is just like your mind. Like the "voices" are the characters, no one knows why they are there. And the voices/characters try to find a way out or a reason. I just think sometimes when i watch it that the whole spectrum of human life is covered, you have the good people and the bad and those in between. It makes me think of my good characteristics and my bad ones...if i gave each charcteristic a name they could be people, and the island would be my mind.

This sounds crazy i know!

But the way i see them interacting on the show,some get along some love each other some hate each other i just feel like thats how i feel about myself sometimes. Like i have a load of different views perspectives and characters and the only thing that links them is this island (my mind) and how much they need to work together to get off this isloand and to another less hostile place...."sanity" for lack of a better name

I know that is one crazy post but i just needed to air it

I've never watched the programme but I do get the jist of what you're saying & do understand how your mind can link all those together - really interesting what you had to say, so thanks for sharing it.

Hope everything is alright for you at the moment. :wub:

Archived