Mental Health Forums

Just Put My Dog To Sleep

summer

My dog was only 7 years old and I just had to put him to sleep....he had cancer..I didn't want him to suffer...he just stopped eating and wasn't doing so well...I am glad he isn't suffering anymore.....but now I am REAL sad.....all the memories I had with him....I want him back....I need him....I want him.....what do I do......this is so hard to deal with.....man I wish someone was home with me.....anyway....I guess I shouldn't ramble on....life sucks.....

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( summer ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

just another of life's bummers. so sorry, nothing can take away the pain right now.... just know we care and we know how you love your animals... take care of yourself and i know you did the right thing.. its hard to have them put to sleep but cruel not to. One of my biggest regrets is when i didnt put my dog to sleep.... i was so selfish..

bets

Awwwwww..summer :( ...god, do i ever know how u feel! I had a beagle...she was only a year old, and she got "rolled" by a car so we took her to the vets and they "accident;y" gave her pills that paralyzed her back legs...we had to put her to sleep....OMG it was so sad watchingher drag her body around with her front legs...god, Im gonna cry I feel for you sweetie...honestly the best thing to do is to get a puppy! They will brighton your day right up! And justy be glad that your doggy isnt suffering anymore......death is SO hard for us to deal with..I sincerly feel for you.... :unsure: .....itll be ok....Audrey....

Oh hun, its real hard isn't it. I was so so sad when my dog died, they are the best, always willing to give u love no matter what else is going on. Can't say anything to make it better but i'm thinking of u. Just remember he is out of pain now which is important.

((((((((((((((Summer))))))))))))))

It is the hardest thing to do, yet the most compassionate.......you were brave and decisive....you are hurting so that he didn't have to.......you did the right thing, and when you see him again...........(and you will! :) )........he will thank you for taking the pain for him..........if I were a pet I would hope to have an owner like you....

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Summer))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Verbena

• 2 weeks later...

SUMMER, I couldn't find this when your dog passed away, but found it today and wanted to share it with you. Ann

The Bridge

There is a place connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge. Just this side of the bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved dog dies, he goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who were maimed and broken are made whole. They run and play together all day.

There is only one thing missing…..they are not with the special people who loved them on earth. Each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And with jubilance, this dog suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting friend.

Then you cross the bridge together, never again to be separated. :wub:

Archived