Mental Health Forums

Newly Diagnosed

CathyC

Hello anyone out there.,

I am new to BPD - just been diagnosed. A bit gobsmacked - but then when I read the descriptions - there is no denying it - it describes my life from early on and makes sense of everything now - which I find comforting.

Also, I have minimised a lot of my symptoms for years - so coming out of denial - that the condition and the symptoms are serious and can't be hidden by the 'smiley front' I've put on for years. :D

Overall, just feel relieved I guess. I like this website. I have trawled through a lot of them. But feel comfortable here.

Would love to CONNECT with any other BPD's for the first time.

Thanks

Cathy :D

Hi,

Glad u found the site its great here! Its cool when stuff makes sense and u find out there is a reason why we react how we do and stuff. I am sure there are many people here who you will get to know. Its often really great to talk to other people who understand the world of bpd.

I look forward to getting to know u.

Take care

Tory

Well a big welcome to bpdworld and maybe a smaller one to bpd. The one thing is now that you know what is wrong it may be easier to focus on what you need to do to cope better. Look after your self and be safe.

Cathy,

Gobsmacked is a good word. I feel lucky whenever I hear that others have tried numerous sites and really prefer this one. I was lucky enough to find BPDWorld by accident, and not to be overly dramatic, but it has changed my life. I am so glad you are here.

Verbena

Hey!! Welcome!!

I am newly diagnosed as well. I've had BPD for several years, but just been diagnosed... It felt SO GOOD to be diagnosed with it though, because it made me feel relieved that there is a name for all my stuff that I am!!!

Anyway... I'm still pretty new around BPDWORLD, but this is a GREAT place!! Welcome again!!!

Archived