i keep being told that this is the last chance saloon in my case

Id just like to know general things like what do people do in the evenings

what are workshops

what is the community eating thing like

so much to ask. i want real opinions rather than the guidebook

I totally fear being turned in to a fake plastic person zombie :unsure:

I dont want to be negative.

Also was there anyone in there with DID

I have DID and I didnt like the approach taken.

Ie I wouldnt be allowed to refer to them by their own names etc. Integration is the only suitable therapy outcome, your wrong im right, your others dont exist (is what I heard)

Im Trying not to be negative.

I want to like the place...

any comments anyone

i think you should be asking all your questions to them and see what they say and go from there. i dont think it will hurt to give it a try and then see how things go. dont feel so bad about being not sure but give it ago first before saying no to it..

im doing psycho therapy just now and ive made a decission after being 4 times there that it may not be right for me just now but i wont close the door for maybe ill be allright in future..

just give it ago no harm to be done.

if you have DID and that is there attitude to it then i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

i too have DID and when i went for an interview with the Henderson outreach team the nurse i was talking to had never even heard of DID/MPD and said that all dissociation was the same and would respond to the same treatment. That is imho a load of cobblers (actually not just imho, but also in the humble opinion of the international society for the study of dissociation (ISSD).

Your others do exist (how can the treatment plan be to integrate your others if your others dont exist!!), co-consciousness is a totally accepted therapeutic aim/outcome, and what you know in your own mind is what is right and let no-one tell you otherwise.

Good luck finding some suitable treatment/support/help.

• 1 month later...

thanks fred. went belly up a couple of days ago and Overdosed INSIDE the general (I was on my way out actually but they ignored that point). got transfered over to the royal and got given a total bollocking for attention seeking today.

got promised to see a psych. but they sent one of those shitty support workers insted who said the most unbelievable amount of b***** ive ever heard (some of which was true but whatever) she was nagging on and on and on and on at me to go in to FDL. She even said go to your psychiatrist and say XYZ. I said I WONT bE SAYING THAT I WONT BE MAIPULATED INTO SAYING WHAT YOU TELL ME. F*ing Idiots. She was even talking to me about the Outreach team today and grrrr...she didnt even know what it was.... and get this.... i said something and she said. Well I\ve never been up there... UGH HELLO she wanted me to lock myself up for a year on her advice to a place she didnt even ever been to???????? :wacko:

Hello Gateway,

I'm sorry i dont know about the FDL lodge or the treatment being offered, but i hope that things work out for you and the levels of frustration lessen and you can find the right treatment for you.

Good luck, take care

Jai

Well just try it, go in an see whats its like if are still free to leave. I have looke at FDL i think it looks really good and supportive, yes a hard step to take but surely better than od's at the general

Lucy

Archived