Mental Health Forums

One Or The Other

flippy

Not sure how i am feeling tonight

empty

indifferent

detached

the only thing i do know is i am frustrated want to talk to my friend but expect her to read my mind and pick the phone up. the crazy thing is i wouldnt have anything to say but still manage to be angry

right now i feel like i am 2 people the bpd part of me versus the rational part of me

which way will i fall?

flippy, i dont know if you know about dbt, but what you have described is almost like wise mind, except you missed the wise mind part.....heh

draw 2 circles, with one overlapping the other.

in the left circle write ........ emotional mine\d

in the right circle write........rational mind

in the overlapped portion write......wise mind

wise mind is the the grey area of the black and white thinking that we borderlines get stuck in. We need to get more in touch with the grey area, the wise mind and we do this by focusing our minds on one topic, event, feeling, emotion, etc. but it all needs to be positive. its away of getting in touch with ourselves. Ive forgotton most of this stuff atm, but ill be sure to get back to you with more info if youre interested, and i can do it soon, just let me know.

take care, and thanks for your response in bad day/night

thx ragdoll

i have heard about dbt but dont really know about it, i dont think it is available much in the uk where i am. i would be very interested in anything that might help

flippy

Archived