Mental Health Forums

Hello Bpdworld

kate78

Well hello. I came across this site through writing a diary in a depression web-site, which I started after beginning to take anti-D's and starting going through the NHS mental health system. I saw a community pychiatric nurse last week and she thought that I had many of the behaviours/thoughts associated with BPD. So I started reading, looking up diagnosis, descriptions and over the past week have had nothing short of an apiphany! Even the more subtle aspects, that I thought were just me, are things that have some connection to the bigger picture. So, I felt writing a diary on the other depression website was very valuable, but I think that writing one within a community that understands the perculiarities of BPD might be more useful. So, here I am introducing myself.

I am in my late 20's, and began ODing when I was around 10, had a rather turbulent childhood, messed around with myself with various forms of self harming - cutting, drinking, eating habits, risk taking... I have had no real relationships, although have found myself in obsessive passionate love with a few gems out there. I love the Joni Mitchell line "I'm frightened by the devil, and drawn to those who aren't afraid".

I really want to take control of myself - I want to stop the rages, I want to trust people more, I want to know how to handle my emotions, I want to have functional relationships, I want to make the most of my life. Not much then... I have begun to see a cpn, I have a good GP, I have just secured a bit of regular work, and for the first time, I really feel like I have friends. So everything is in place, and I know there will be some hard times, but it has got to be better than this semi-life I have been living. Once the Journal thing is up and running, I'll write more then. So hello All! Nice to have found this place, what a great resource.

Hi,

Welcome, Glad u came accross this site. Its good u have a good GP and a CPN. Hope u get your life how u want it and its good that u got a job and stuff and things are all sorting.

Take care

tory

Hiya Kate,

Welcometo BPD World.....you will find alot of support here as well as making alot of kewl friends......hang in there we are here for you..hugsssssssssss

Archived