Mental Health Forums

A Small Intro

Daisy

Hello.

Guess I wanted to write a small little intro about myself. Firstly I must say when my psyciatrist gave me this site adress this afternoon I was a little anxious and aprehensive about what to expect. Im a regular on the net but rather wary of online forums these days. Yet I must say the information that I have read around the actaull site as well from the Forum has been GREAT.

A bit about me...

I am a 20yr old Female from Australia. I have been diganosed with BPD and Clinical Depression also Bulimia.

I was diagnoses at 18yrs old officially yet have been in and out of hospitals and many medications since i was around 16 when I completed high school and it all fell apart. I am an abuse survior and i battle with that every day. In that time ive had ups and downs, lived overseas for a period of time and dont a lot with my life, many things i regret many things i dont. I am currenlty a manager of a Fast Food Store that takes a lot of my time 40-60hrs a week. I am somewaht of a perfectionist!!! yet still not quite perfect....EVER...

I am doing my best to battle my BPD.

I see my psyciatrist every week and I have JUST completed the first module of DBT (Dialectical Behavioural Therapy) *Mindfullness Module* at my hospital. I am actaully going to re-do the module to keep my skill sup to date while i wait on the waiting list for the next module. I am extremly impressed with DBT Treatemnt so far and I reall honeslty belive it is helping my bordeline symptoms immensily.

I have a classic diagnosis of BPD what is prob worst for me is self harm and the DBT Skills training i have done so far and continue to do is helping me so much to reduce this. I must work on emotion regulation and other things now! But i am getting thier.

I definatly still have bad days, today is one of them *hence Mood: Emotional Mind*

Things will get better

I have positive affirmations and Mindfullness skills as well as MY MIND around me all the time.

Thanks for listing to my babble I Will continue to read around the site and hope to post soon.

Katy :wub

Hello,

Hope u like it here theres some great people!! Your job sounds hard work! Glad DBT is going well. I have read about it but they dont do it round here.

Take care

Tory

Welcome!

Glad to hear you psych recommended this site. I'll look forward to reading your post and getting to know more about you.

bets

Thankyou all so much for the welcomes so far, I have spent a fair time around the site today *maybe too much!* but u are all so nice and I am finding it slightly amazing that im Not alone...thankyou

Welcome Katy,

You'll find alot of support here......and you will surely make alot of friends here too...looking forward to reading your posts....hang in there...hugssssss

Hi Katy! I'm a bit late in welcoming you cos I've been away for a couple of days. But...welcome! Glad you are finding the site useful, there lots of support on here. It is good to know you aren't alone isn't it.

Take care xx

Archived