Mental Health Forums

Your Worst Feeling?

Distorted_reality

hard to say. sometimes trigger is so fast and response is so fast i cant even remember it. abandonment is always high on the list tho. i dont respond to abandonment except to go inside myself.

bets

My run-of-the-mill trigger is abandonment and anything that leads up to it, like strong disapproval, etc. It happens quickest when I am in the situation where I have to go along with hubby's family or friends and do things triggering. He's grown really cold before, but has quit since. I can handle disagreement, but the disapproval is gutwrenching. Truth is, I'd live, but thats not what it feels like.

The other thing is helplessness- maybe you can see something different. During childhood, my Dad used to be the devil incarnate- (my mom's approval of me depended on his *happiness*, like above trigger). He "changed" after we left.... Years later in '04, he got physically sick and I started having "trouble". He came to me for help, hanging onto me for survival instead of going to the hospital and I pretty much had a nervous breakdown. Nothings been the same since.

I have to say for me is aggressiveness in others, whether directed at me or not, it's a huge trigger. Even if it's just words, I just fall apart. I can't cope with tension, confrontation.. anything like that.. unless I've had a drink, and then I seem to revel in it.. odd :wacko:

My T says abandonment/fear of rejection...and he is right to a degree I also think when i get triggered to remeber past experiences that is something i can't cope with.

Mrs Tree

Abandonment. At least with depression, I have my depression to feel instead of just that empty hollow feeling of, well, being abandoned and so isolated. good question.

thinking that my partner is looking at another woman (even though he isn't really)- so abandonment/jealousy issues, i guess.

makes me totally freak out and go into one!

People letting me down is also one of the worse feelings - when they don't turn up and don't let you know why. And your left wondering if they don't like you anymore, did i do something wrong, am i not even worth a phone call etc.

Christina

Archived