Mental Health Forums

Zopliclone...

mrs tree

Due to my anxiety about meds and pregnancy I have only too 3.75mg instead of 7.5...Although it is still taking me hours to get to sleep i actually think i am sleeping better on the lower dose..Has anyone else had the same experieince ?

Mrs Tree

Hi Mrs Tree

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Zopiclone works by giving your brain a temporary message to fall asleep. It's a short sharp hit that knocks you out and it doesn't last long. If you get awoken by noise or something else after you have fallen asleep, you will feel wide awake again and the effect will be completely gone. It doesn't give you the long druggy drowsy affect like some other sleeping tablets like mogodon used to (although having said that, I always feel one notch calmer in general when I'm on daily zopiclone). So, if 3.75 mg makes you fall asleep, then you're better off taking that than 7.5 mg because its only a short sharp knock out anyway.

The time your body takes to make you drowsy relates to your metabolic rate and digestion so if you (like me) snack all night and then take zopiclone, it will take a long time to pass through your stomach. Therefore, it may take ages for the zopiclone to work. A bit like when sometimes one glass of wine makes you feel pissed and other times you can drink a whole bottle and feel sober. If you eat earlier and go to bed on an empty-ish stomach, zopiclone will work faster.

I have found two hot water bottles, one on my feet and one on my tummy, helps more than anything!

Archived