Mental Health Forums

Struggling To Keep It All Going

JenNotJenny

I'm feeling worse by the day. I'm so tired and just not sleeping well most nights. Work's getting harder to cope with too. I lost it this morning and started crying over something that usually wouldn't phase me. It was so embarrassing. I really can't take any time off work though.

Only 2 weeks to Easter holidays...

luv Jen x

Jen... i am you boat!!!

i count the days to easter... just for a break from work...

MAYBE WE CAN START BY COUNTING THEM OF TOGETHER!!!!

WHAT DAY DO YOU LEAVE FOR HOLIDAY?

Hi Jen, Im sorry things are so hard for you. I also hope you can do something good for youself today. Please keep posting and let us know how your doing. ((Jen))

Thanks for the replies folks, I appreciate it.

Rachel - I finish on Friday 31st at 2.30pm. That's another 8 working days if you don't count the weekend <_< Sounds better that way.

The cracks are showing cos people at work have started asking if I'm ok. It's kind of them, I work with fantastic people. But what can I say to them? Yes thanks, I'm fine. What I really want to say is No, I feel like shit and just want to hide away somewhere dark and quiet.

Wouldn't it be nice if one day someone just said, I can see you're struggling and I understand.

Luv Jen x

I'm a learning support assistant. I support children with speech and language disorders. How about you Rachel?

Luv Jen x

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you about feeling like you have to put on a brave face & saying you're ok when you're not. I like this place as we can tell the truth about how we feel inside & no one will give us that awkward 'ok too much information' look. I guess really they care but are afraid of saying the wrong thing or involving themselves too much in our personal lives.

Well I'm glad we have found some support here & I hope your troubles will ease with Easter coming.

Take care. x

CC

Jen,

Regarding your comment about people at work asking if you're OK, I went thru this when I had a great job but was under the weather and struggling with MH issues. Because it was such a 'good' job and most people were seemingly very competent, I didn't feel able to say that I was under stress and not feeling too great. Looking back, that meant that I missed out on a lot of support from colleagues and also from the 'system'. I would say are you being realistic that you can't share your problems or is it that you are too worried they will think you're weak? You might get support you didn't realise was available.

Regarding your comment about people at work asking if you're OK, I went thru this when I had a great job but was under the weather and struggling with MH issues. Because it was such a 'good' job and most people were seemingly very competent, I didn't feel able to say that I was under stress and not feeling too great. Looking back, that meant that I missed out on a lot of support from colleagues and also from the 'system'. I would say are you being realistic that you can't share your problems or is it that you are too worried they will think you're weak? You might get support you didn't realise was available.

i totally agree with that.

i had to run away quiete a while back, leave town, stop work, because it became so umberable.

but i did explain myself, and i worked with help me to come back.so even if they don't say sometime people do understand they just don't know how to address it.

have a fabulous easter break.

:bigarmhug[1]:

chicken.

Thanks for your replies guys, I really appreciate it.

Well, the Easter holidays are here thank goodness. I haven't had time to get here recently but just to update, I'm feeling loads better. Once school term finished and the pressure was off my mood lifted.

It's taken a while to overcome the immense tiredness I was feeling but it's good to be able to just chill for a couple of weeks.

Hope you all enjoy Easter.

Luv Jen x

Archived