Mental Health Forums

Anger

Angela

Hi,

I saw my therapist today and we spoke about my new keyworker, as my nurse from the day hospital is leaving at the end of the month. I am not coping very well with the change as i have been seeing my nurse for about a year and a half and she has been fantastic, meeting with me every week, sometimes twice a week. She has always done what she has said she would do and often sees me straight away when i just turn up without an appointment when i am finding things particularly difficult. She has tried her best to find a good replacement but i don't seem to be getting on too well with the new person. There is a cross-over with my two workers until my nurse leaves, so i am currently seeing both of them.

I met up with the new person for the first time on our own yesterday. But she asked so many questions i got overwhelmed and feel resentful that i have to explain everything all over again. I got so angry, i walked out.

I spoke about this with my therapist today and she pointed out that i may be very angry with everyone for all the changes (my therapy ends in Feb) and that i am probably taking my anger out on the new person. I HATE being seen as an angry person. I HATE being so angry.

When i came out of therapy, it felt like everything was over and found myself in robot mode (does anyone understand what i mean by this?). Anyway, i felt guilty about walking out on my 'new person' so i wrote her a letter to appologize and took it straight to her department.

I keep feeling like smashing up the hospital, but i guess that won't do me any favours. Don't know how i'm gonna get along with new person, dreading meeting with her next week.

Angela :angry:

Well done for writing that letter. If your new person is any good I'm sure she'll understand where you're coming from. Change is very hard to deal with, especially for us.

((((hugs)))) Take care

Cloudy

Yes it is very frustrating......I hate such things too.......but darn we cant prevent it.....we just got to manage it, give both of u a chance......the new nurse time n opportunity to know u better, n for yaself, building up ya patience level! hehhehe....... i know what u r going thru angela, it absolutely sux to b losing a darn good nurse on one hand AND having to bloody b a broken record to another but gal, u r ONE up coz u r great to be facing up to the challenge ok!!!! n realising it even in the robot mode is great! it is a step forward! If there is anything BPDers r good at, I would list it as SELF AWARENESS!!!!! hehehhe...although sometimes we do get bugger out of hand n become PARANOID!

All the best Angela.

I hope it works out in end Angela. Change is really hard but i think you are dealing with it well. Just keep trying to give new person a chance.

Take care

Tory x

Whenever things like people leaving happen, i usually blame myself for them going.

I've had all kinds of people coming and going in my life.

i had 5 probation officers, Dr Calder left the unit to go and work elsewhere, Dr Siddiqui left, Dave my keyworker at the hospital left, and i ended up with June - whom i didn't like, so then i ended up with Paula, and now i have been discharged (BECAUSE THE BUGGERS SHUT THE PLACE DOWN)

I go to a day centre now, but upto now no-one has left.

Archived