Mental Health Forums

Acceptance.

LadyMacbeth

Hello, I just wanted to pop in and say 'hello.' I have not been here lately but I have not forgotten about you guys. I've been working on accepting myself. I have come to accept myself for who I am. I actually am learning to like myself and a few months ago I could not say that.

It can be hard at times because the feelings of defective do pop up from time to time but I am using my strength and determination to fight off these feelings. I used to run for a beer or SH to mask these uncomfortable feelings but I am learning how to sit with them. I tell myself they will go away and they will come back but each time they will get easier to deal with if I allow myself to feel them. When I feel worthless or alone I have to remind myself of the people I do have in my life who care about me and accept me for who I am.

It actually does help with my mental health and my relationships. I have learned to become more trusting of people and it has really strengthened my friendships with people. It also helps when those feelings of abandonment and rejection come up but instead of flipping out I sit back and rationalize that my fear of abandonment is in my head and the people I care about are in my life and are not going to leave me.

Within the past few months I have felt in difference within me. I feel my strength and confidence growing. My family may never have the faith and confidence in me that I wish they had but I have it in myself and I know I can accomplish anything I put my mind too.

As I said, its not easy and life can still be a struggle at times but it does get easier if you just have faith in yourself and remind yourself that you are worth it. Well, I will try and come back more often to give out support.

I am thinking of you guys.

Love,

Emma

well done emma, im glad things is going ok for you a little it must been a hard road to go down working on acceptance .. be nice to see you more around when your ready. keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

fab ....

going through that, and even, the trust in people and true friends had help me to undertand my own issues, and make me confident to work on them.

nice one .

xxx

chicken

Archived