Mental Health Forums

Is It Wrong To Be Scared

Daisy

I have a qn, or really a observation on myself....

I dont know..just a reason to talk maybe.....

but i am in a little crisis/bad time/mood whatever people want to call it, it hasnt been the best week. I was meant to see my psyciatrist today....but i couldnt so i saw the psychologist i talked to her a little, it was ok to talk but i was crying and a mess and promised to stay *safe*

but i come home and i still feel crappy...

I Have talked to my psycholgist so why dont i feel a lot better.

I guess what im trying to get out is that even though i know their is CHAT and ONLINE HELP here and also LIFE LINES and things i am far too scared to use them.....or maybe i think it comes down to I belive i am NOT WORTHY or NOT SAD or Depressed, or sick or whatever enough to use them.

its like No im not sick enough to actaully click the button

im not crying enough

im not worthy enough

Dont know maybe i am scared, and maybe i do want it, maybe i dont..but i dont know....

im not sure if i make sense, but i am a mess and i am still not doing much about it cause im to scared..makes no sesne i know.

sorry.

((Katy))) U can use helplines and stuff just as much as anyone else. Live support is online atm if u want to talk to someone. Often after talking to psychologist i feel worse because it makes me think about stuff.

I am sorry u are having a bad week and hope u feel better soon. There are people here to support u and who care about you.

Take care

Tory xx

Katy,

Part of the problem is that we don't feel like we deserve help... not bad enough... just being silly.. unworthy. All those things apply to me and probably many others.

Sometimes you feel worse before you feel better. You were crying when you left and your psychologist made you promise you were safe... hmmm I'd say you desereve to use the help lines. Maybe just typing your life story was enough to trigger you into spiralling down. By the way I admire your courage to go back to that time and type it.. it had to be very painful.

I think the people on this site in the on-line crisis would rather you came in a million times when you were short of a crisis than not come in one time you really need it. Hey girl, whatcha think it's there for? Don't ever think you are less deserving...no way!

Take it easy on yourself.. the world is beating you up now.. you don't have to add to it.

(((((((((( Katy ))))))))))))))))

bets

Katy - you are definitely worthy of help. You are going through so much at the moment, grab all the help you can get. It is there for you just as much as it is there for everyone else. And you deserve it as much as every one of us. i agree with Tory that when you have seen a psychologist, it can often make you feel worse. I have used the Live Support once and found it helpful to have that contact. The person I spoke to was supportive and understood what I was talking about, so give it a try - you deserve the help.

Angela x x x

Archived