Mental Health Forums

This Time Of Year

ladylazurus27

Fall is here! I seem to have a hard time adjusting to fall every year. i don't have seasonal effective disorder, however october and november always seem like a rough times for me. My thoughts get distorted, rearranged and a little strange during these months. does anyone else experience this during this time of year?

take care,

kristy

kristy,

i like fall.. except i hate it because winter is coming and i hate winter. i seem to miss out on the nice things in fall because of the impending sense of doom over winter. do you also hate spring?

bets

Autumn is my favourite time of year because of all the colours. I hate January because it is a new year and I hate the thought of having to start all over again. And having all that time infront of me makes me panic and feel overwhelmed. I do understand what you mean, I just get it a bit later on!

kristy,

i like fall.. except i hate it because winter is coming and i hate winter.  i seem to miss out on the nice things in fall because of the impending sense of doom over winter.  do you also hate spring?

bets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats exactly how I feel, Bets! Fall is ok but it makes winter loom and I HATE winter! Spring is good - it means summer is here soon, and I love summer.

I love spring! i actually think fall is the most beautiful season, just hard to adjust to.

When i think about it, there's alot that goes on during this time of year: holloween, thanksgiving, christmas, and new years eve.....i do not do well on holidays, so that's A LOT for me to handle all within a couple of months. And like you said bets about "the impending sense of doom over winter", i feel that too and probably the upcomming holidays in the back of my mind.

I do terribly on holidays, especially on Christmas. I'll probably be lurking here on Christmas, or trying to sleep through it...I have to yet find a way I can spend it easier.

I love spring!  i actually think fall is the most beautiful season, just hard to adjust to.

When i think about it, there's alot that goes on during this time of year:  holloween, thanksgiving, christmas, and new years eve.....i do not do well on holidays, so that's A LOT for me to handle all within a couple of months.  And like you said bets about "the impending sense of doom over winter", i feel that too and probably the upcomming holidays in the back of my mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Autumn always makes me feel well melancholy. Start listening to meaningful songs 'I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower, makes you talk a little lower' as Adam Duritz sang. Feel really homesick- I'm like Angela, I like the pretty colours of the trees, and I spent the first 20 years of my life living in a Forest. Living in Bournemouth is all a bit weird, loads of people descend during the summer, then it's quiet for a week, then all the students return. Don't get so freaked out in town during the day because it's quieter. Hate that it gets dark so quick and when winter really sets in you leave the house in the morning in darkness, and return the same way. Christmas is ok, but not really comfortable with a whole celebration around food bah humbug. My mother reckons I'm always worse just after christmas. She thinks I freak out beginning of January cos of my birthday and I have this whole terror of being old.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel you kristy!! I always hate those months to...but i guess it's because those are the months that I always seem to get myself into trouble...fall has never been a good time for me!

uhg,

holidays.

I have a feeling it's gonna be busy here.

i love the fall but holidays bite.

We need to prepare!

Here at the kitty household, we pack up kitty poop early for ontime delivery.

for an added fee, we'll have someone burn it and throw it on the porch.

place your order now! operators are standing by :D

c

:lol: lol Claudine.

I can't stand christmas or new year or anything like that really it annoys me that I have to spend time with people I don't know/don't want to know or people that I do know but can't bear to be around.

Maybe this year will be better...

:wub: xxxx

Kristy

I hate this time of year! I get depressed and very anxious, more than at any other time. Each year I dread the changeing of the clocks because I know I'm going to plummet. I used to think it was just down to the darkness and cold which seems to go on for ever, but last year during a therapy session I realised it has more to do with a traumatic evant in my life which happened at this time of year. Nearly fifteen years ago now. It's been alittle better this year but only because I'm working on the event and I prepared myself for it happening. I'm hopeing in a few years time I will be able to enjoy Autumn, as said ,it's such a beautiful time.

Don't know if my own insight is of any help to you, but hang in there. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Juaier

X

Archived