Mental Health Forums

Yummy Sugar ?

birdesh

I'm totally addicted to sugar. Ice-cream, sweets, cakes, viennoiseries, you name it..

It's a real drug : I eat and eat. Well, about two months ago I stopped and followed a high protein diet. Of course I had a few relapses but compared to what it was before...I'm rather satisfied. Now the fact is that when I "get back to sugar" I totally lose control. I eat until I'm ill. It happens only with carbohydrate food.

BPD sucks <_<

Bpd does suck you are right!!!!

hope you find something that controls the urge to binge eat.

ask your pdoc or gp...

i love sweets also... especially ice cream.

take care

rachel

I feel exactly the same right now, totally out of control. Hope it passes for you soon and you gain control again.

Luv Jen x

Birdesh,

I totally empathise with you on the sugar thing and eating... I'm out of control at the moment too. I followed a diet which involved no sugar at all once... it helped, but I was too unwell to maintain the diet.

Poodle

xx

carbohydrates are addictive, it is proven.

i have done the no carbs diet in the past and it is good at breaking the cycle.

Hi Birdesh

I hope you overcome your cravings again. I've been really determined for the last few weeks and haven't eaten starchy carbs or stodge or sugar for ages now and its made me feel so much better. Its really hard to not give into cravings but I'm sticking with it because of how much more energy and how much more positive I feel. In my opinion, starchy white flour sugary foods can literally narcotise your brain, it zonks me out if I eat white bread or pastries and then I crave more and more - its literally the same as giving up drink and drugs. I hope you can beat it when the weekend is over.

I have done the atkins diet twice and twice ended up ODing and in phosp...It is something to do with the lack of carbs...I would never do it again...I am not saying no one else should but watch your mood

Take care

Mrs Tree

Mrs Tree, yes i noticed a dramatic change in my mood. Last time i went on it i became suicidal, husband made me come off it. GGGR

I definately love sweets..cant get enough of them, luckily I dont eat them that often but when I do its usually a lot. I especially love soda, i guess cause its sugary and has caffine...yum..(want some now actually and i just had two sodas last night).

Archived