Mental Health Forums

Understanding The Borderline Mother

Song

Well, I picked up this book yesterday, and couldn't put it down! I am half way through it, and it is a literal translation of the life and family I grew up in!

Awhile ago, I talked to a cousin about some of the family history, and it blew the lid off of what has been going an all through the generations in the women on my grandmother's side.

I have found out there are different types of borderline mothers, those that act out in very specific ways.

I have found out my Grandmother fits the Queen mother description, My mother and I fit the Hermit Mother with a little of the Witch Mother thrown in, My aunt is a typical Waif Mother, as is my cousin whom I talked with. WOW!!! I read most of it to my husband and his jaw was practically hanging on the floor! :o (this is what he looked like!)

I HIGHLY recommend this book to those who are confused about their family history and where there BPD came from. I have my husband reading Stop Walking On Eggshells too, and so far he has highlighted most of the book! :lol:

Thank God I don't feel SO ALONE in this anymore, there are others who have lived with this legacy, it's mind blowing!

Archived