Mental Health Forums

Blaffle Blaffle Baglurp!

lostsoul

Hi there.

My name is Claire, I am 24 and live in East London.

I logged on to this site for the first time today and feel really relieved to have finally found a lead on what's up with me. It's kind of silly to feel relieved...

a name for a condition isn't helpful in itself is it? but there is a sense of not feeling so odd, knowing now that other people are experiencing very similar things as me. I am glad it's not as serious as bi-polar and other things. The most I am at risk of is driving off people, not holding down jobs and becoming homeless, or killing myself. What was I saying about not serious? Hmm.

A little bit about me... I play the drums and have a kit at home. My neighbours hate me (but secretly think I'm cool haha). I also hate me (but secretly think I'm cool haha). This allows me to find some common ground with them where otherwise there would be none. Tee Hee.

I am also into writing poetry (yuk) and paint nudes with enthusiasm and glee. Wahey! Once photographed two friends in the nuddy and the film didn't come out at all...boo hoo, mooch...When I was fifteen I wanted to be a roadie. There are no decent bands anymore. Now, if Floyd were still around then I would definitely be up for it! But obviously I would choose being their drummer rather than a roadie. It's a no brainer really.

I am about to start counselling (CBT) for my insanity conundrum. Hope it works!

I could waffle on about my mother who is a bit much (agoraphobia, depression, anxiety, bad parent) and how she threatened to kill herself and hated my dad, and how he was too withdrawn to do anything about it so I had to. I could bang on about my Bro who has Aspergers and BPD. oops i just did.

I think in my case I was genetically predisposed to be emotionally fragile and volatile, but my environment played its part too. I'm not that interested anymore in how I got to be like this. I just want to make positive steps to deal with it now, and that means changing my thought patterns and how I interpret and deal with my emotions. Of course, this is going to be pretty tricky, but I am going to try.

I really want children some day and don't want to end up lonely, just me and the drum kit!

That's it really! X

if you are anywhere near walthamstow, i have the perfect t fer you if ya dont already have one

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks wabbit! Could you post details of how to get info from you on this page? It would be very helpful - I am having problems finding a CBT therapist round here, so much appreciated. CHEERS XXX Claire :):D :)

Archived