Mental Health Forums

Cipralex

m0thland

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else was on the drug cipralex.

I've been on cipralex for probably over a year now and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice?

See here's my situation: when I first started taking it I was missing doses and stuff cos I wasn't used to it at all, then I started taking a bit more than I was actually prescribed but mainly because I was finding that it made no difference whatsoever to my mental state. But I went back to the doctors to have a review of how I was handling being on the pills and I was told to start taking it regularly. So I did. Now I've been on a regular dose for about 5 months, but I'm starting to find that I get really very, very irate if I miss a dose (by accident) even by a few hours. I find it very hard to concentrate, I feel restless, bored usually followed by extreme anger and outrage at really trivial things that happen. Like dropping my books or not being able to get through to people on the phone and stuff. I find it hard sustaining conversations with people aswell. I find myself talking to friends on the phone and wanting to get the phone call over with as quickly as possible and trying to get the main bullet points of the conversation out of them (whether I miss a dose or not -I get this when I've taken the drug as normal) if that makes any sense at all?!

I also find that after I get angry I go through really deep stages of depression and paranoia where I end up cryng hysterically in the bathroom or something.

I was just wondering whether this was actually supposed to happen. Has anyone else felt like this when they've been on anti depressants or anything? I mean, most of the stuff I've mentioned above only comes when I forget my morning dose or something but even if I forget the dose in the morning and remember to take it later I usually find I can't recover from these symtoms and I'm really down afterwards. Has anyone got any suggestions as to whether this is a normal effect of cipralex? Thanks.

Hiya.

Well I have used Cipralex for about four months (this was three years ago).

My mother has used them for about a year and a half (recently stopped).

From what I remember I didn't and she didn't have anything like you are talking about. I can relate to the irritability you get because that's what I had before I went on them, but I sure as shit didn't get that once I was on them, and I missed doses all the time.

The Cipralex should really be chilling you out as it is an anti-depressant combined with an anti-anxiety drug. It chilled me out so much I just slept all the time. There could have been an A-bomb going off and I wouldn't have cared...that sort of madness.

That's all I can say really...it wasn't my experience. But all in all it does sound as if they may not really be working for you.

Hope that helps...p-robably doesn't!

XX

Hmmm, actually that did help alot. Cheers claire. I thought that this was pretty normal but maybe not. Oh I'll go and talk to a doctor about it or something. Thanks again.

I find it very hard to concentrate, I feel restless, bored usually followed by extreme anger and outrage at really trivial things that happen. Like dropping my books or not being able to get through to people on the phone and stuff. I find it hard sustaining conversations with people aswell. I find myself talking to friends on the phone and wanting to get the phone call over with as quickly as possible and trying to get the main bullet points of the conversation out of them (whether I miss a dose or not -I get this when I've taken the drug as normal) if that makes any sense at all?!

I also find that after I get angry I go through really deep stages of depression and paranoia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey this all sounds very familier though its how i feel on cipralex all the time whether or not i missed a dose

Archived