Mental Health Forums

My Psyc

Daisy

Not sure if this is the right forum :(

but i have to get this out, im sure its my insecurities, i hope it is. its me right? yes.? no? maybe not, maybe it relaly is a reflection on my as a person. anyhow..shall trtry to stop panic and type for a minute.

*Last week i was a mess i ahd a dr appointment booked at 10am last friday, i get thier only to be told by his receptionist that he cant see me today. she said he had a funeral to go too. is this truth? who knows but i was so upset already, she said she called me and left a msg on my phone. NO i still dont have the message? so did she lie? she wanted to make me look like a fool. So last week i left his office in a mess of tears and a i was already a mess when i got thier so it didnt help much.

*This week i check my appointment card to see what time this week is, cause we have a booking every friday cause he said he wants to see me weekly.

I see that he is UNAVAILBLE this week. So itl be another week without seeing him. he is booked out all the time and i can only see him fridays cause its my day of work and i have the hospital DBT group anyhow.

So.....if he doenst cancel on me next week :( next friday :( next friday, omg another 7 days...then it will be like 3 weeks since ive seen him.

Its not that i NEED HIM or anything its that I am and have been having a hard time as of late and I cant see him for antother week.

I feel abandoned

I feel that I am not good enough for him and that he probably doenst even want to see me ever again so this is his way of avoiding me, sure hes a professional...but this means that he is a good one at learning how to get me to see that he doenst want to talk to me ever again.

I feel like he is avoiding me and that i wont see him again, maybe i dont ever go back. avoid the pain...can i wait till next week i dont know, does he want me to wait till next week or is it going to be another cancelation, he doenst want to see me

argh, avoidence, abandonment....argh........

Katy,

Sorry you are feeling so bad about this. Abandonment and paranoia sure have a familiar ring. It's so easy to project into situations that it is all our fault and that something that we did is driving the situation rather than just circumstances.

I hate it when i have to miss an appointment. Wether it is because of them or me it doesn't matter it just makes me feel bad. My group t recently went away for 3 weeks to Spain and I was so upset by that it caused me to call my individual therapist and tell him i was quiting individual therapy. He called me back and told me it was against his clinical advise and made a few threats to call ppl if I didnt come in at least one more time to talk it over. When I did come in and we talked he said it was my choice but he still had to call because he didnt think i would be safe.. even though i said i was and i have never lied to him about it. The reality was I really didnt want to quit seeing him I was just upset about the other one going away... makes no sense. I just went off on a paranoid tangent and it really had ripple effect.

Three weeks is a long time to wait for a weekly appt so i can only imagine how bad you feel. i hope you get an opportunity to talk about it in your dbt group. Hong in there even 3 weeks will pass.

bets

(((Katy))) Sorry u feel abandoned, i am sure hes not avoiding u.

My CPN didnt turn up to my appointment last week and i waited 25 mins for there then left. Later i got a msg saying she had a puncture!! Ofc i didnt believe this and am still mad at her and havent called her back! (i really must tho cos i could do with the help)

Take care and 7 days isnt to long even tho it seems it and then u can b proud of yourself for going 3 weeks without seeing him.

Tory xxx

Archived