Mental Health Forums

Venlax/effexor (venlafaxine) Was Just Evil...

ZareliMan

The week had been a terrible torture since I stopped taking my 150mg daily dose of Venlax Retard (same than Effexor, etc...).

4 Days feeling paresthesia, terrible dreams, powerful sleep disorders, extreme mood changes, delirant episodes, etc...

Now I'm on friday and I feel way too good, I feel smarter, wiser, I don't care at all if something too good or too bad happens, I just don't care If people gets angry at me, I just assume and look at them always with a smile.

I have full control of my emotions and I'm incredibly calm all the time, and very happy at all, laugh like all the people when find something funny, etc...

I can also keep myself awake even If not slept for 2 days in a row properly, feeling just little narcolepsia when traveling by bus maybe.

What can I tell you, as a medicine student an BPD myself, I reccomd strongly that you ask your therapist to stop Venlax as fast and soon as posible, maybe It could be dangerous if you stop taking it from 150 to 0 as me, the reccomendation I give is to reduce 37,5 Mg every week.

Feel so good now, I love you all

the reccomendation I give is to reduce 37,5 Mg every week.

I didn't realise that you were a qualified psychiatrist!!

I've been on it too it didn't work for me but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for some people;

Life would be so much easier if one type of meds worked for all of us but it just doesn't work that way.

No particular med is bad some are just bad for you and seeing your Dr or psychiatrist is the best way to do it.(even if you get an arrogant one who doesn't listen to you for 7 months)

PS glad you're feeling better

Sorry, I'm definitely not a qualified psychiatrist but what you describe sounds clearly like mania to me and not being healthy.

Feeling happy all the time, not caring about consequences of your actions, feeling like you don't need sleep!

Even what you described abut feeling like siddharta or jesus in your other post, possible psychotic would fit in.

I defnitely can't diagnose anything but I would strongly recommend you to get yourself to a psychiatrist very soon!

I've been there myself and it's great in a way. I felt like the world was mine, I could laugh at everything all the time and be happy. Had all the energy in the world to run and jump and dance around.

It's the opposite of depression but it's not being okay. And it's dangerous if you don't do anything about it. Please take this seriously and have it checked out.

I just saw that you are bipolar, too, you should know what's happening to you then! It's not easy to give up on being so happy and carefree, but you could get into trouble and most severely manic episodes end in hospital in case you didn't know that. Do something now!

Sorry, I'm definitely not a qualified psychiatrist but what you describe sounds clearly like mania to me and not being healthy.

Feeling happy all the time, not caring about consequences of your actions, feeling like you don't need sleep!

Even what you described abut feeling like siddharta or jesus in your other post, possible psychotic would fit in.

I defnitely can't diagnose anything but I would strongly recommend you to get yourself to a psychiatrist very soon!

I've been there myself and it's great in a way. I felt like the world was mine, I could laugh at everything all the time and be happy. Had all the energy in the world to run and jump and dance around.

It's the opposite of depression but it's not being okay. And it's dangerous if you don't do anything about it. Please take this seriously and have it checked out.

I just saw that you are bipolar, too, you should know what's happening to you then! It's not easy to give up on being so happy and carefree, but you could get into trouble and most severely manic episodes end in hospital in case you didn't know that. Do something now!

Well, as BPD is just between psicosis and mania, it's often very confusing my teacher told me...

Up there I just said to reduce 37.5mg/week because I read the Laboratory's indication on the drug, as the withdrawal syndrome is horrible... I'm not a qualified therapist, I'm sorry if I seem to be arrogant :( ...

Well, my diagnoses had been:

1st Depression (Wich was clearly false because my depressions won't last more than 4 hours at most) -> 2nd Bipolar (Wich didn't fit actually with my fast changing mood) -> 3rd BPD wich fits perfectly on my symptomathology...

I'm very sick of psychiatrists, I hear all the time people saying:

"I went to my psych and he changed me the antidepressats", a real doctor should never hand away prescriptions like that and never reccomend complex and neurotoxic agents like candys; Plus most of the psych don't even listen to their patients because they don't even have a clue on how does mental illness feels. For most of the Psychs out there, people's health is like a game, they think: "I'm qualified to give away recipes, people pays me for that and I'm able to live very well 'cause I get good money", no ethics at all and they do even say substance's abuse is bad, but they keep handing away Xanax, Ravotril, Diazepam, and the list goes on...

Maybe I'm not a doctor yet, but I'm a person and I know what ethic means very well, and I also know that the laboratory's/psychiatrists system works like a mafia, a laboratory wich makes 1 qualified/well known psych reccomend their antidepressants is like a moneymaking machine:

Whats the price on every antidepressive pill ? In Chile I could pay more than 2 dollars for every pill (wich means the box was more than 60 bucks, in a month), but most of us had taken more than 5 medications/day for months.

I really have clues on this system because is not rare that the psychiatrists prescribe various drugs from the same laboratory (not the best, not the cheapest most of the times), and the thing switches very fast, so they tell you: "I'm on this laboratory now because it has proven to be more effective and the pills are just better, the body absorbs it better than other brands..." what is really a mystery because they have poor knowledge on chemistry/pharmacology (ask them about the relation between salvinorin A - neoclerodane family compund - and a tetracyclic antidepressant, any good chemist should be able to get the answer just by seing the compund's formula, wich psychs really ignore).

Sorry If I sound arrogant, but I read a lot everyday, I study a lot and people often just understimates me because I'm young, but they don't know really what I actually DO know. What I'm saying up there is just my opinion, I don't plan to make anyone think like me, but I'd like to teach what I know so you can make your own opinion on this matter.

Hugs ^_^

here in the UK a prescrition costs about $10, that's $10 per item, even if you get like 3 boxes of same tablets one prescription it is still $10 for people that work, and people who are on welfare get them for free.

meds are a lot cheaper here than in the US

I appreciate what you are saying about how pyschs think and drugs work.

I worked for a pharma company.

I took 2 packets of an hypnotic and when I saw the shrink he thought it was a benzodiazepine - I had to explain the difference!

No more to say, except I feel I am educating them.

Pip

x

PS - meant to say I was on venlafaxine and the side effects were too much, so I stopped - withdrawl was worse.

I knows how it works and I wouldn't touch it again.

But it does work for some people

Each to their own!

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate what you are saying about how pyschs think and drugs work.

I worked for a pharma company.

I took 2 packets of an hypnotic and when I saw the shrink he thought it was a benzodiazepine - I had to explain the difference!

No more to say, except I feel I am educating them.

Pip

x

PS - meant to say I was on venlafaxine and the side effects were too much, so I stopped - withdrawl was worse.

I knows how it works and I wouldn't touch it again.

But it does work for some people

Each to their own!

When I started taking Venlax, my Psych just covered the side effects with Clonazepam 0.25 so I was sleepy all the day (I don't know why I'm so sensible at BZP).

Very smart... He got me addicted without even telling me.

Hugs :)

I took some atypical anti anxiety stuff, buspirone I think, which was to be taken very regularily over a few months, but when my old pdoc left the practice and I got a new one she said it was basically the same as alpazolam (benzo) and I should start taking less as soon as possible, leave out the midday dose and then reduce it further.

I thought one of us was stupid and asked in two pharmacies if I had read the product information right. She had even looked it up in her little book BEFORE she said it.

Well, that was the reason why I went looking for a new pdoc, but I'm very happy now, I think the new one is good although I get venlafaxine, i have good moments again since I'm on them and that's a change. No side effects actually, I think. Well, I've only got traits....

Archived