Mental Health Forums

Hi All, New Here

Shaky

Hello everyone. Brand new here soo....*Waves*. About 2 months ago, I was dx'd with bipolar and insomnia. Since then I've been doing ALOT of research into things and am wondering if maybe my dx was off. I know now that for a looong time I've been having mood swings, but I seem to have them multiple times a DAY, and everything I read about bipolar suggests that the mood swings should only come and go every few weeks to months. At work tonight I went from down to over the top and back again 2 or 3 times. At home now and I haven't been able to stop shaking for close to 3 hours. I read the DSM-IV(?) and that seems to be right on target. Just about every relationship I've been in has been a roller coaster ride, including the one I'm in now, but I can't let go because just the THOUGHT of being on my own scares the bejeezuz out of me. When I was younger I used to cut myself with an exacto knife when I got stressed out and even now, the tendency to beat the absolute shit out of myself rears up now and then. I dunno, I wonder if any of this makes sense. Haven't slept in 2 days. Guess I'm just wondering if you think I might need to bring this up with my doc. I can't really explain it, but just knowing that there IS something wrong has made a HUGE difference in my life. Like maybe things weren't always my fault, ya know? But now I'm desperate to figure out just what the problem is. I'm rambling now and not making alot of sense so I guess I'll just say hi again. It's great to see sites like this, because right now I'm freaked out, and reading about everyone here who's dealt with this is a BIG comfort. And I'm still rambling soo.....*Waves* wow, i typed this all in like a minute and a half

wow, i typed this all in like a minute and a half

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, you're a fast typer!

Hello and welcome to this site :) *waves back*

I think it is definitely worth bringing this up with your psychiatrist as I know lots of people here have been mis-diagnosed with having bipolar. My gp has often suggested that I have Bipolar, but I haven't as my psych say's it's BPD, so it is worth asking about this.

Good luck and take care,

Angela x x x

My mood swings are very rapid - several times in an hour - up/down/up/down, then OK for a few hours, then it might start again. I am as we speak, in the middle of a swing time - been dialing the old therapist over and over and hanging up over and over when they answer, cause I just want voicemail...

Thanks for replying Angela. Still don't have a psychiatrist, just a regular ol' GP, but I'm going to see him today. He's swithced my meds from lexapro 20s to some new pill called symbiax (know anything about it? their website's kinda......empty). Anyway something happened and I won't get my meds til next week!! ARRRGGHH!!! I'm a mess. Really stressful time for me. Nice to have someone to talk to, my GF just doesn't really understand. Lol, I still can't stop shaking/pacing. I love that when I actually have something to do, but unfortunately, I don't. Oh well. Thanks again, hope to get to know everyone here. *Waves*

My mood swings are very rapid - several times in an hour - up/down/up/down, then OK for a few hours, then it might start again.  I am as we speak, in the middle of a swing time - been dialing the old therapist over and over and hanging up over and over when they answer, cause I just want voicemail...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, once again I have to say it's amazing to finally be able to talk to people who know how I feel. I haven't been dx'd with BPD, and I might not, but I understand completely :) Just noticed the smilies.....I like smilies

Hi Shaky 

Welcome to the site  :)

Tc

Em xxxxx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Em :) Well, time to shower and head to the doc's. Wish me luck everyone! I'll post back later and let ya know how it goes.

Here's some fodder for ya. Ten minutes ago we had an evacuation drill that seems to have grounded me. We had to push all the residents outside and put an X on their door if the room was empty, then do rollcall to make sure everybody was out. Anyway, I seem to be feeling better...

Thanks all. Just got back from the doc. Said he didn't think I would be BPD :huh: . So I guess I'm gonna hop over to the other forum, and ask some questions there. Thanks a ton *Waves*

Archived