Mental Health Forums

Girl Interrupted

paddypotty

Jai, your posts have been fine, imo. :)

I wanna try beautiful thing or get real, sounds good.

I changed that thing under member name-pic to the "poop" quote. lol, couldn't resist.

all of you should watch finding nemo!!!

not heartbreaking stories that could have been us as main character

'yes mommy' lol

hey i didn't know someone had made a film out of prozac nation

you know that book really irritated me, because this girl who supposedly suffered major depression, worked pretty much all the time she had it

i was like, uh?!

can't have been that bad

lol

i'll look out for it anyway

x

It is still on.....................

Am now looking for Prozac nation - and what a nation it would be!

From a person who keeps Eli Lilly in profit

120mg Prozac a day

Pip

x

The Film Prozac nation is really good but I prefered the book to be honest.

Christina Ricci plays the part so well, its scary.

The film wasn't released in the UK, I had to buy it from America and buy a multi region dvd player all that hassle for a film, but it is totally worth it.

I like Girl,Interupted too, I watch it but not all the time. I think they skiped over what being a borderline actually means. There is one scene when Lisa asks Susannah what her diagnois is and when she says BPD, Lisa's response is " oh thats nothing" I was angry at that. I think the way BPD is protrayed in the film is misleading, firstly there isn't really alot of information given about BPD and the way they say she "recovered" made it sound like BPD was like a phase or something. It is a good film though and Angelina totally deserved her Oscar for playing Lisa!

I was so annoyed at that part too. Lisa gives the impression that the diagnoses was nothing at all at just something to sweep under the carpet. I don't think it was protrayed for what it is either and that annoyed me. Would love to see Prozac Nation.

Hope everyone is ok

Archived