Mental Health Forums

Another New Girl!

Storm

hi, I've been wanting to post on here for a while but never seem to know what to say. i feel so alone at the moment in the 'real world' and in desperate need of some understanding!

I've never been officially diagnosed with BPD, but my best friend is a psychologist and is sure it's what I have - so am I having read so much and identified with pretty much all the symptoms. i am struggling at the moment to hold down a job and live at all... i was diagnosed with an eating disorder years ago that just keeps going on and on, i just feel gradually weaker and drained of life. there seems to be no help available where I live and I feel hopeless.

hi to everyone *waves*

thanks everyone :) you've made me feel really welcome already! I never know what to say, always worried I will offend someone. :unsure:

Hi storm

welcome to bpdworld.... i hope you find all the support, care and friendships that you need.

take care

rachel

Hi Storm,

Welcome to the site.

Feel free to go mental - I do it all the time!

Have you seen your GP or been referred to a shrink?

Do you have medication? Have you been suicidal?(Yes, I am nosey!)

Do you have alot of support?

The above can all help alot, especially with benefits, etc.

This site is great and is my lifeline.

Everyone is very supportive

Hope to speak to you in chat soon.

Pip

x

Welcome and HUGS,

I'm still only a newbie myself; Everyone here has been supportive and full of good advice.

We ALL worry about saying the wrong thing(sorry is probably the most used word on the site!) but people are really nice and will tell you if something has caused offence, doesn't happen often and it's usually just a mix up anyway.

hope that reassures you.

My top tip is to use the search bar to look for previous subjects that interest you/may help you.there's lots of great advise and it gives you a little bit of an idea of who's who and what's what.

Feel free just to jump in straight away if you like, you're very welcome to.

Can I just add Pip's right you need to access help out there not just in here,sometimes it can take awhile to get seen/ get it sorted.So best to start the ball rolling as soon as you can, I'm sure your friend will help you.

See you around I hope.

Minx

:D hi...helloooooo every one..its mady here..............wanna say hello to everyone....and im here coz i got this site during surfing...............n wana be a part of it....

have fun all..

take carez

tata..bayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...wish u alllllllll the very best ...............and joyful life. :)

Hi Storm,

Welcome to the site.

Feel free to go mental - I do it all the time!

Have you seen your GP or been referred to a shrink?

Do you have medication? Have you been suicidal?(Yes, I am nosey!)

Do you have alot of support?

The above can all help alot, especially with benefits, etc.

This site is great and is my lifeline.

Everyone is very supportive

Hope to speak to you in chat soon.

Pip

x

Hi Pip, thanks for your reply. I wasn't expecting so many, I've been in other forums and always felt like people were in little groups and didn't have much to say to new ones.

Thanks, it's really good to know there is a place to come.

I don't mind nosey :) It's a long story, my medical history really. I'm 24 now and I've seen various people on and off since I was 16. 2 years ago I got referred to an eating disorder unit, I was an outpatient there for over a year, but they did nothing and I eventually gave up. I attempted suicide in September and got admitted to a psychiatric hospital, I managed to escape after a week - it was absolute hell and I never want to go back!

I have a lot of support at work, but I wonder how beneficial that is, as I only work part-time and there's no possibility of moving on really. I still live with my parents and we have a very bad (abusive at times) relationship and all I want is to leave home. I live in a village and don't drive, so doing anything and getting help is difficult... my friends live too far away really. I was supposed to see them this weekend but couldn't get there & so I've been sitting here in tears all afternoon feeling like no one cares - when I do know that's not true..

I've been on anti-depressants and they never helped. I went back to my GP recently and she said there was nothing she could do about BPD because she knew nothing about it - she said the people at the eating disorder place would have known, but they never did anything and I didn't see any point going back there for a 10 min appointment once every few weeks!

Thank you, sorry if I've bored you, I'm not very good at being concise :) it's just really nice to have somewhere to come and talk and I love meeting people, despite nearly being a recluse (my worst nightmare!!)

Hope all is ok with you at the moment,

Jen x

Thanks everyone *hugs*

You haven't bored me at all.

I also live rural, alone with a very difficult relationship with my family.

You need to go th your doc and tell how you feel.

If your doc can't help you should be referred to a shrink for assessment.

Given your history, I think your doc should act.

Tell that you are feeling suicidal - always works for me!!!

Try and even get referred to a CPN. You need someone.

Isolation is a killer, trust me.

Everyone talks to everyone here.

Everyone is really great.

This site keeps me going....

Am here for you.

No doubt we will meet in chat.

Hope you feel as if you fit in here - I did straight away.

Take Care.

Pip

x

~Hi Storm

Welcome to BPD World, i am sure that you will love it here and make some good friends.

May i ask whereabouts you live? s'ok, i don't want your street name or anything lol, just curious

Blade

Welcome Jen,

I hope you'll find this site helpful (I'm not goo at being concise either, so don't worry.)

In my case my need for friends and people I feel close to is very strange but my fear of being with anyone is usually stronger, so it's no one but the computer and my bf on the phone most of the time.

Sorry if I don't make sense, I'm very doped and should definitely go to bed now.

Hope you settle in okay and find the support you need.

All the best

Eva

~Hi Storm

Welcome to BPD World, i am sure that you will love it here and make some good friends.

May i ask whereabouts you live? s'ok, i don't want your street name or anything lol, just curious

Blade

That's fine, didn't realise it wasn't showing on my profile thing! I live in warwickshire, near stratford/ warwick, near lots of things but still quite far away with no transport! thanks, it seems really nice here :)

Welcome Jen,

I hope you'll find this site helpful (I'm not goo at being concise either, so don't worry.)

In my case my need for friends and people I feel close to is very strange but my fear of being with anyone is usually stronger, so it's no one but the computer and my bf on the phone most of the time.

Sorry if I don't make sense, I'm very doped and should definitely go to bed now.

Hope you settle in okay and find the support you need.

All the best

Eva

Thanks Eva, I'm sure I will. My need for friends is exactly the same. I feel suffocated by intense company, but lonely all the time and that always wins. I'd rather have company anyday and always find myself alone with the computer and phone too.

Take care,

Jen

welcome storm , hope you will soon feel at home here, we all try to help and support one another, hope you will try to get some more support for yourself, your gp does not seem very helpful but i definately would go back and tell her how you are feeling and she should refer you for more help, hope to meet you in chat , take care rosehip xxx

Archived