Mental Health Forums

Just Wondering

bpmonki

Yes I get very upset when people say they will do something e.g. call me etc and they don't, guess I feel like it's a reflection on me. I don't really think that something may have come up for them and they couldn't call for a good reason, I just see it as a rejection.

Yep I get really upset then angry if that happens, even if I don't want to talk to them and I always take it as a reflection on me even when logically i know they were most likely just busy.

this is one of my all time top 3 hates- I don't get why people say they're going to do something and then don't Esp with something like a phonecall because then I think straight away that something really terrible must have happened, because why would a person say they'd do something if they had no intention! That's just screwing with your head! I'd rather people just wouldn't say they were going to do whatever.

does anyone else get really upset, angry etc when someone dosn't call or something at a cirtain time when they say?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK guys, it's honesty time. I have got what feels like the worst case of 'rejection sensitivity' on the planet. It's been lifelong and crippling.

Result? I don't make arrangements. The history?

My abusive father used rejection to punish me. My only brother has never visited me in any of my homes. When my mother was dying, my brother moved her to another part of the country without telling me. I wasn't able to see her at the end.

Crawling out from under that stone has been all but impossible. I can only tell you guys because of the screename protection.

The result? I can make arrangements involving business, because I know the other person wants the business. When I was teaching I was OK (and a good teacher) because I knew it was the teacher they were relating with, not me. But if it comes down to ME, then I am dogmeat.

Positives? I'm a carer. I have a lovely wife and daughter who know the story, although it took a long time for my wife to see through the barriers.

Humour? I pick up lonely people like a magnet. They lock onto me like I am the last hope.

It's a funny old life.

Cooler :)

Humour? I pick up lonely people like a magnet.

That is me too. I collect people like others collect stamps. They aren't my friends, but I do care about them and spend time with them, until someone else comes along, then I'm more interested in the new one. Cold.

cooler..

i had to laugh because i am also a magnet for any non mainstream person. i was setting on a curb eating a sandwich at a food court during our festival time and the only mentally ill person for miles came along and sat beside me. mind you there were miles of unused curbs all around! my hubby came back and just rolled his eyes.

maybe they know we are safe because we are one of them. maybe thats not so bad.

bets

cooler..

i had to laugh because i am also a magnet for any non mainstream person.  i was setting on a curb eating a sandwich at a food court during our festival time and the only mentally ill person for miles came along and sat beside me.  mind you there were miles of unused curbs all around!  my hubby came back and just rolled his eyes.

maybe they know we are safe because we are one of them.  maybe thats not so bad.

bets

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Betsy, That is so funny. It was a case of LOL (laugh out loud!)

Nice one.

Beginning to fade, because I left two messages, and he hasn't called.  I've waited almost two days.  I'm trying to be patient.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Verbena,

Sounds like you're doing really well. It's hard to be patient when you feel needy, and two messages is reasonable in my humble opinion.

Hang on in there.

Archived