Mental Health Forums

Meeting Up

Angela

Hi, I read a post from Josh on the Notice Board about us all meeting up. He said it looks set for blackpool on Saturday 20th November. Blackpool is a bit far from me as I live in Brighton, so unfortunately I can't make it, although I'd really like to meet you all.

Can everyone post here as to whether they can make it or not? :)

Hi Angela

I can't make it. Blackpool is miles away as I live in Surrey. Also I've got a journey to Harrogate for my sisters inquest that week, so I don't fancy two long journeys on top of each other. Maybe we should try to arrange a meet for us southerners somewhere. Could be worth thinking about, if we could all get over the whole meeting new people/inadequacy/social phobia type things! ;)

Hi cloudyfox and angela.

Yep, blackpool is far for me too as i live in london.

Like your comment about the social phobia and things...i can relate!

I think your idea about meeting up with the southerners is a great idea. We should try and arrange that i think :D

Where abouts do you live in Surrey by the way...i grew up there (walton on thames).

:wub: :wub:

Hi cloudyfox and angela.

Yep, blackpool is far for me too as i live in london.

Like your comment about the social phobia and things...i can relate!

I think your idea about meeting up with the southerners is a great idea. We should try and arrange that i think  :D

Where abouts do you live in Surrey by the way...i grew up there (walton on thames).

:wub:  :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly. I have a daughter in London and I could stay with her. (I live in Bristol). Looks like we have Cloudyfox, Angela, Claire and me (cooler).

That is four people, which I always think is the minimum for a good meeting. Somewhere fairly quiet might be helpful, not too crowded or heavy.

It's quiet on the South Bank, around the Tate Modern Area, and the gallery is free. Also the parks are nice, Hyde Park and the Serpentine. Whatever would be most comfortable for everyone.

I hope people in the North won't be offended by this suggestion. It just seems sensible to do what is achievable. This could be a really positive initiative.

Cheers

cooler :)

yeah i'm up for that!

South Bank is nice. I also know someone else (Bored-a-line) who might be interested in meeting us there.

Regards the type of meeting: do we want to make it a social, or a have fun together type thing? I mean what is the point of meeting up? Is it to form friendships or just share information, or just to have fun with like-minded people? Like go out for a drink or something.

For me i would like just the opportunity to meet y'all and find out who's faking! hahahahahaha, kidding.

Anyway...that's all i have to say

:wub: :wub:

Hi Claire

I live in Frimley, which is near Frimley Green (home of the World Darts Championship), Aldershot (home of the British Army), Farnborough (home of the airshow) and Camberley (home of a duff shopping centre!). Actually, now I think about it quite a lot goes on round here!

I reckon meeting up is about forming friendships and getting to know each other. We already share similar problems and it would be nice to get to know people better and find out what we have in common apart from the mental health issues.

A wander round the gallery, a walk in the park and a drink in a quiet pub all sound good to me.

Cloudy

The reason bpdworld was asked to arrange this event was to keep everyone safe. we would of made sure that bpdworld staff would of been there to keep things safe as possible. Now that people are planning to meet up of their own accord i will close the post on the notice board. I will not be arranging a bpdworld event now until the middle of next year. Please remember when meeting anyone off the internet they may not be who they say they are and so on. good luck

Josh - I can see the reasoning behind BPDWorld organising things. The idea for regional meetings was good (I think Cooler suggested it) and could be a workable one. Knowing me I'll get scared and back out at the last minute anyway - that's what usually happens anyway! :unsure:

I think an annual get together would work - it could be in a different part of the country each year so everyone would eventually have a chance to join in. It's a shame you have decided to stop the Blackpool event. People do appreciate all the hard work you do and I'm sure they were looking forward to meeting you.

Take care

Cloudy x

I personally would appreciate the further off date so I can make arrangements. It will be a big trip for me, coming from Illinois, but I would be so disappointed to have missed anything.

As for meeting Joshua, yes, we'll have to stand in line to give him slaps on the butt, kisses, and hugs. :)

Oh gosh - i hadn't thought abou that. hmm, I can see the advantage og a BPD organised event now. JOSH! PLease don't cancel the blackpool thing - others will still want to go im sure...this was only getting arranged cos we didn't want to travel but that was just us babes.

Please keep it open for others. We will be blamed otherwise!! And it wouldn't be fair on them to call it off :wub::wub:

So sorry we have caused problems Josh. Sorry sorry sorry we al love you and appreciate work you do...

And thank you for the advice about meeting people off the internet, i'd forgotten about that.

:)

Hi folks,

Yes, I agree completely about the BPD staff being the organisers of any meeting. I did check with Joshua about protocols and he informed me about the safety issue. I had been a bit hasty posting my suggestion and hadn't thought it through properly.

Anyway, there's no harm done, and I'm sure the BPD staff will come up with something appropriate in the future.

On a lighter note, it is heartening that members have been so keen to meet each other, given the nature of our various situations.

Cheers, cooler :)

Archived