Mental Health Forums

I Got Some Valium Off A Mate

Vorpalblade

someone i talk to online has sent me some valium. she takes it too and has lots spare so she sent me some. i can treat myself to it now whenever i want.

Blade

Oooh, Lucky you!

I don't think you should tell anyone - having said that who was it?

So I can also sweet talk them!!!!!!!

Have a nice day, doped or not.

Pip

x

bladey

coool, i had to do the same with diazepam, although its there for emergencies and since i've been zonked out on other stuff at times have nt needed it .....but good to get hold of....

whats wrong with us again....? drrrrrr and hehehhe and ooooooops

not forgetting a hoorah, and whahey....

silly moment over

Glad you got sorted.

I would have offered you mine but I'm stockpiling it for a rainy day. My GP will be super pissed off if she finds out I'm not actually taking it.

My psychiatrist has specifically written that regular use of more than 10mgs of diazepam can lead to addiction, withdrawal symptoms and suicidal feelings so please don't go overboard.

oh realscape, you shouldnt save for a rainy day, that isn't good. you should share ;)

and i am being sensible, they are for special treats.

I think you will end up having to tell the medical team and it will really piss them off. I don't think it is a good plan at all. They won't feel they can trust you.

I guess its hard for support workers to know where you're at if you're not honest. But I was dead honest with mine and it became unbearably crap so possibly its best to stick to the rules of the game rather than hope for effective help from them.

so i guess that the moral of the story is not to tell them Real?

oh, orrrrrr i could stop taking them. Thing is though, am sure a lot of you know what it is like to have an addictive personality. you get drawn to anything that can be addictive/abused.

Just don't overdo it. I was told that I was most probably safe from addiction if I didn't take benzos more than 2 days a week by my docs.

I don't know what I would do if they wouldn't prescribe it to me anymore. I might try and get them from somewhere else, too. I'm glad I can take them officially. And it is a certain control as well, to know you have to go back and ask for the next prescription and they'll know how often you took them.

I just sometimes need a break from all the pain and desperate autoaggressive thoughts or I couldn't keep going. Sometimes it's enough to know I could take something if I wouldn't feel better soon or even worse.

Be careful with them if you classify yourself as an addictive personality.

Yup the addictive personality will getcha every time. The funny thing is, I always think I've recovered but really I'm in the depths of the next one and haven't noticed yet. Thats the worst thing, being a shiftingly addicted person.

The moral of the story is don't surrender to any one addiction and keep shiftin em around and for gods sake don't tell anyone cos they dont understand and then you will only rack up being misunderstood onto your reasons for using whatever you happen to be using. :wacko:

I am on 30mg diazepam a day!

but I don't always take them - i sometimes stockpile.

I am on 15mg Zopiclone

I don't always take that either.

Yes, I am a NHS-Made junkie

Pip

x

Blade,

I'm concerned,and worried.The doc hasnt prescribed valium to you for a reason.You have described having it for a "treat".

Betsy seems right with her thoughts.

Take care Blade,stay safe.

my bubble is bursting, perhpas that is a good thing.

my wise mind is fighting with my emotional mind, just hopethe right one wins

If you think that taking tranquilisers in itself means we have bad coping skills than that's true.

I've done something that really still gets to me once because I couldn't take tranqs when I needed them (stupid thing, my wallet had been stolen a day earlier and I usually had some in there just for emergencies). I do think tranquilisers are medication. Not to get better but to get through the really rough times. Not to switch on self destroy. And I do believe that taking tranquilisers is taking care of myself compared to sh in some way or suicide.

There is a risk of using it for recreation and I'm fighting these urges as best I can.

If you can cope without them then you can be glad. I can't always.

BTW I had a lot of them at home and I felt better for months and I didn't take any of them. I could have asked for more prescriptions in that time and I never did.

I can't speak for every one here but I think that for many of us it is the best way to cope at times, or the only one. I think you're a tiny bit judgmental, Betsy.

Archived