Mental Health Forums

I Got Some Valium Off A Mate

Vorpalblade

eva you are ok to feel that way. sorry if i offended you. you didnt seem to view yours as a "treat", escape, or just relax mechanism.

you are right.. i think most of the time it is a bad coping skill. seems like you use it for emergencies only, and only what is needed.

i am not knocking anyone but only giving my oppion and expressing my worry over some of the ways my friends manipulate drugs and cut their doctors out of the process all together. it frightens me the way i hear some people talk about how they pop a handful of this and a handful of that. and, i know.. not going to kill you.. but what does it gain you in the long run? also, their is a chance of organ damage with that amount.

just want all of you around for a long time.

bets

i guess part of me knows what i am doing is wrong because i have spoken up here about doing it. perhaps i have done this so that i can have you all tell me off for doing a bad thing and that will knock some sense into me.

that would be pretty much how i do things in my life. i need someone else to guide me, steer me in the right direction, i had gotten used to having noone to do that, prolly why i got in such a mess in my life, and now i have found you guys who can be my guiding light, my voice of reason..

awwww... vorp xxxxxx it is really is within you... that voice.. it is what made you post (if that was at least some of the reasoning behind the post)

next time just ask me first (lol)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yes, i am pretty sure it was the reasoning. me calling out for help. as you can tell i am feeling more in rational mind right now than earlier

that sounds like a good idea, but i have them stashed in teh car, and our house is locked up for the night and hubby would be suspicious of my going to the effort to go outside. Will have to try in the morning, mood depending

no. i won't be taking any today either. i said i would keep them for treats, abd i had one treat yesterday, can't have treat 2 days on the trot. plus i am soooooo knackered that it would put me straight to sleep, and i still have one more lesson to teach. (it is lunchtime now)

yea, i know that hun, and i have donen so well..i am an alcoholic but havent had a drink for over a year now. i don't do non prescription drugs anymore either, nor do i indulge in certain other parasuicidal behaviours which i perhaps won't mention

i gotta have some credit for that?

we all have the occasiional blip

only human afterall

you get lots of credit for those.

YEAH>>>>> vorp is doing great on that.

i dont think you can call this a prescription drug when it isn't prescribed for you.. it isn't the worse thing you can do but with you history of abusing your body i worry about you.. thats all.. just care.

hugs

yea, i know hunni.

just wanted to point out that i am better than what i used to be :)

though i do also recognise i need to sort this behaviour out.

Blade

Betsy am dopey, but you are right.

Self medication isn't good.

Its a bad coping mechanism, but must be better than some we do.

I am the worst so I can't critisize.

I also keep my stash in the car.

Blade if you are throwing them out, can Ihave them please?

Pips

x

yea, i know that hun, and i have donen so well..i am an alcoholic but havent had a drink for over a year now. i don't do non prescription drugs anymore either, nor do i indulge in certain other parasuicidal behaviours which i perhaps won't mention

i gotta have some credit for that?

we all have the occasiional blip

only human afterall

Blade,

That shows how much progress you have made,and is certainly worth a lot of credit.

I dont know,but did you when you were having a difficult time in the past use the other stuff to help you, without hearing that little voice inside you?

Nowadays you can hear that voice,and turn to others asking for their guidance.

One day you'll be able to trust your inner voice.

You make me smile seeing how far you have travelled.

Hugs, Bib

yes i did used to do that stuff without hearing voices.

see like i said before part of me does know that what i am doing is wrong, but that part perhaps isn't strong enough just yet to stand up to the louder voice that is telling me to take them.

i'll get there, hoepfully sooner or later.

as you can tell i am a determined person, so once that determination kicks in i will be fine.

Blade

You've definitely achieved a lot! Good luck with holding on to the good work :)

Oh, and you came here to discuss the valium you got and as you said, maybe you just wanted to hear the voice of reason on here and within yourself by doing that. So that is a step forward even within your 'blip'.

Archived