Mental Health Forums

Can't Make Plans

Angela

It is my husband's niece's birthday in a couple of weeks and we have been invited to her party, but it is in Lancaster and we live in Brighton. We can't go because I'm not too well at the moment and we can't guarantee I'll be ok. I'm sick of this, sick of having no life, of not being able to make plans, of not being 'allowed' to have any fun. Because my mood is ok right this minute, I feel able to go but earlier today, it seemed too much. I hate this chopping and changing of moods. My husband is reluctant to make plans too as he knows how bad I can get and how quickly this can happen. Is this going to go on forever? I hate this illness.

I know what u mean angela. I cant make plans much either cos i dont know how i will feel at time. My mate who i known for years gets so fed up with me at times when i cant do stuff, her new mates just think i insane cos i do weird stuff. She doesnt often expect me to go to stuff even if i say i will.

Its hard and makes it seem like i miss out on so much.

I dont know what to suggest but i know how u feel.

(((Angela)))

Take care

Tory

god i know what you mean, ive been keeping away from friendscos i act a bit weird when im anxious and depressed, nobody wants a constantly anxious friend.

but im BORED and i cant rely on anyone its shit.

Yes, it IS horrible isn't it? I have had this problem all my life and it never seems to go away - I am VERY reluctant to make plans for anything - and also I tend to forget if I HAVE made an appointment or a time to do something or meet someone. I have to be reminded constantly and then I get all anxious and have to take a couple of Valium or a Xanax and most times I just dont turn up..... Trouble is, I hate saying no to people when they try and include me in their plans but then I flip out and can't manage it cos of the anxiety and then I either just dont turn up or I come up with all these ridiculous excuses and I am sure everyone knows that it's all bullshit......

This sort of thing makes me feel defective.. :unsure:

Ginny

(sorry for ranting but this one I really have trouble with)

Archived