Mental Health Forums

Just Wondering

dolphin

ive noticed that when i cant keep my depression under control for some reason i get fisious towards my bf he had not noticed it until i mentioned it last night

i start biting, pinching and digging my nails in him although i dont actually notice at the time i realize a day or two after i have come out of the depression

i have also realize i actualy do it on purpose to hurt him

why?

can anyone help

I don't have anyone to pinch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you want him to feel your pain?

-wot a crap answer!

-A T would say that!

Sorry, am in hopeless mode

Pip

x

I get like that , i hit out (not litterally.. verbally) at everyone around me when i get depressed. Its suprising half my friends stick with me and talk it over with me. but yea .. i become a right tw't in those sort of times.

-[dave]-

its ok :)

i thought the same, and its not as bad as you think, now my friends have pointed out i do it i start to notice it more and just can tell when im getting worked up, and i slowly wind myself down. Also it helps when the people your around most when depressed are aware your like it so they dont take offence.

can i ask how your bf reacted??

(((( dolphin ))))

-[dave]-

he never noticed it until i mentioned it to him last night because we play fight alot i suppose he would not notice it but he said he did not care as he always comes off worse anyway :P

lol well as long as u dont feel alone about it . always here to talk :)

btw my ex didnt mind either.... she was always the bully one anyway so i dont think she noticed.

-[dave]-

nono of corse not, hey if they think im sane.. they will think anyones sane. Post what you like , im totally weird myself so theres a good chance someones going thro the same thing :)

(((dolphin))) hugs rock!

-[dave]-

Hi Dolphin

Yuh I did indeed get testy and angry and viscious towards my expartners and exflatmates in the past. Now I live alone and don't have relationships but I have noticed that there are certain things that I start to do when I'm building up to depression. For example, I start to get EXTREMELY pissed off with my cat and feel like kicking or throwing him. Because of the abnormality of that, I know that I'm building up to feeling ill and I never act on it, I use it as a warning sign. If he was a person, it wouldn't be so easy to identify the abnormality of it, but because he is a tiny creature and can't speak and cannot possibly have done anything wrong then I know its my problem. If I had a partner I wouldn't so easily notice that it might be my feeling and not something they did or said. I would probably spoil for a fight on the basis that they must have said or did something to make me feel crap. And indeed I have done that in the past millions of times.

thank you everyone this has made me happy just to know it affects quite a few of us and its not just me i have now just got to figure out how to know when it is happening so i can put a stop to it if that is possible

thank you :grouphug[1]:

its weird that even though after we have done it we know there is a problem with it and yet we cant rectify the problem when it is happening

Archived