Mental Health Forums

Who Else Hides Under The Duvet ?

jai

when life gets too much and the duvet is calling who can resist? not me!

my t thinks i should nt allow myself to avoid reality...but you know the duvet is my safe place, and the world has nt proved to be.....

I am under the duvet right now!

It is also my safe place.

My cpn said if it made me feel better, then bed was ok

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My favourite place!

Pips

x

My s.worker is the same though my T sees it differently .When I was doing DBT he said that so may of us in the group did it we must get something form it.....

I hardly think it is the worlds worst coping mechanism

Mrs Tree

i wish i could hide under the duvet but bf is always there when i want it

Yeah I'm the same. He always makes sure I get up. Which is a good thing really, as I would just fester away under there. But sometimes it would be nice to just hide away from the world for a day.

I looooove my duvet (although we call it a doona in Australia).

Underneath it is my favourite place to be.

In fact I think I might marry it.

It doesn't get angry when I am sad.

Or blame me when I am angry.

It is always warm no matter how cold I am.

It never runs away when I get too close.

It's always there to comfort me.

And it doesn't talk crap!

xx Junia

as I would just fester away under there. But sometimes it would be nice to just hide away from the world for a day.

I love festering.

It is great hiding from the world

I do turn regularly

Junia, you are spot on

Duvet Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pip

x

ok, so whos duvet makes that lovely cruchy noise when its fresh and clean on? is nt that the best, knowing its all new and clean and smelling the air on it from outside? i looooove that part the most...

oooooops , lets see, took sleeping med at 1am and just got up...after a battery of other meds...

im pissed off, there's nothing for it but bed later! whooops another opportunity to love my duvet...

by the way anyone know which bright spark invented duvets? i dont so thought i'd ask?

jai

x

I love that crunchy noise! I got a new doona a couple of months ago, it's white, and when it's just been washed it's so clean and fresh and lovely, I just can't wait to get under it! (although everyone who comes into my room says it looks like a hospital bed... oh well, guess it's perfect for me then :blink: )

Jai, I liked your question about who invented the duvet/doona, I've just been looking it up on the internet (yep, I'm a nerd with nothing better to do with my time) but I can't find a specific inventor, it just says that it originated in rural Europe.

Pip - I love festering too. I'm turning it into an art form ;)

Junia

Hate mine.. dont know why.. probably leads from the fact one tried 2 kill me ¬_¬.. got tangled round my feet and i kicked and it about choked me xD

ah well

-dave-

Wish I could! Used to years ago and trying not to do that anymore. Not sure how well I can keep fighting that though. Oh well.

i do when im stressed out to much. but in afternoons i have my daughter so its harder for me to go back to my comfort zone.

We call it a Comforter where im from LOL It fits perfectly for me... mine is nice and big/ king size for a twin size bed lol/

Wants to go hide under it today but dont think i can.. I need to go out and get a job. :(

well, Duvets rule and psychotherapists know nothing!!

its confirmed...maybe instead of being brainy all the time they should dive under and find the place we all know as safe and cosy!!

thanks for the replies...origins in rural europe...wow how vague is that, but thanks for looking it up..

love

Jai

x

Well duvet hidding is cool though i always end up on the floor in my sleeping bag, obviously the little ones like that. But i'm trying to have a duvet free day as i've spent past week hiding and i really need to get a grip. But nice fresh sheets and clean duvet cover and no boyfriend taking all the duvet and snoring is bliss. The best time for Duvet hidding is when they at work then you have the whole bed and duvet to yourself and can snuggle and feel safe without feeling if you let go of it your boyfriend will quickly wrap abit more of it under himself leaving you with none. Duvets are definately better than therapist and more reliable. Have a snuggle safe day luv Tabi

awwwwww tabi

you got it, i loooooove mine most when bf is nt at home, that is when i catch up on sleep, last night was a mare...i took all my meds and one extra and still only slept for 4 hours...

so, i've just emerged from said duvet feeling a wee bit more rested but am so fed up living this way...i think i need elephant tranqus to put me out these days

love

Jai

x

I have just picked up my feather duvet from the cleaners.

I can't wait til my cpn comes so she can leave and I can dive in.

I love clean covers, but hate changing it!!!!!!!!!!

Was it invented by Mr Duvet per chance?

Love it

Pip

x

Our histories move around a clean duvet, brighter or darker, but is on us not to love it so much that stops us from seeing other things that can make us feel safe too.

I woke up very early this morning, didn't have time to cuddle a little bit more... :(

Leslie

My CPN has gone (God love her)

I am back to the happy place

Yes Guys - I am under the duvet!

Maybe we should start a new therapy - DUVET THERAPY

What do you think?

Pips

x

Archived