Mental Health Forums

Another Newbie And In Crisis?!

tinkerbell

Hi All,

Petrified that am going to mess this introductory post up, as haven't been able to get to grips with all the tecchie stuff and have never used a forum such as this one before - so my apologies if this posts badly....

Just wanted to say this website is literally a lifeline for me at the mo and I'm trying to use my few remaining brain cells to avail myself of any possible support networks I haven't tried yet?

I'm in the throes of another major depressive episode with no psych support or mental health resources available from my PCT - apart from meds which my psych has confirmed today are not helping and nothing further anyone can do for me - which in and of itself was the worst thing I could hear today feeling the way I do. When the 'profesionals' tell you to go away and hope for 'spontaneous' remission u know that things are bad. Worst part is it felt like 'permission' in my poorly mind to go ahead and listen to the bombarding intrusive thoughts that are gripping me 24/7.

Sorry to all for such a negative post, not the kind of intro that would endear one to anybody on a forum I guess. However, you all seem so supportive of each other and needed a 'safe' place to vent. Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this purpose, I'm functioning on no sleep or food and am struggling to type or even post this one message.

Do hope I haven't managed to offend straight off???! (Yep, you guessed, rejection, petrified of...)

Oh and (((((( )))))) 's to all who need them today xxx

(((((((((((((((((TINKERBELL)))))))))))))))))))))))) im sorry to hear that the perfessionalls told u that today and i feel that is wrong and not very perfessional of them. maybe u can look into some kind of other resorcees in ur area if there is any, like face to face support groups or something like that. everyone here is very supportive and we care about everyone here, so keep posting and don't worry about how ur post sound to others ur feelings are neither right or wrong they just are! take care of you!

tinkerbell.. welcome!

"i believe" that there is something better out there if we keep looking and trying our best... its the effort that counts.

thanks for joining us and sorry you are so low right now.

bets

morning all

WELCOME and DON,T be afraid-i,m a newbie too......

bpd is MY LIFELINE-it has SAVED my life!!!!!!

(((((((hugs)))))))))))

ali xx

Morning and :welcomeani: Tinkerbel

I'm in the throes of another major depressive episode with no psych support or mental health resources available from my PCT - apart from meds which my psych has confirmed today are not helping and nothing further anyone can do for me - which in and of itself was the worst thing I could hear today feeling the way I do. When the 'profesionals' tell you to go away and hope for 'spontaneous' remission u know that things are bad.

It's disgusting that your P/doc said this to you, he is no way a professional and to my mind does not deserve his job making a statment like that, but alas, there are so many idiots like him in mental health services. It makes me so bloody angry.

Don't let it get to you too much though, although I know it's hard. You will feel better in the future and you have made a start and there are some good peeps out there, and on these boards. just don't give in.

Highest regards and :bigarmhug[1]:

Phil

welcome Tinkerbell, i can only empathise with your situation, not sure where you are from but in London area it seems common practice to right people off as there is massive overspending and PCT aren't funding anything and cutting back everywhere that they can. If you are unfortunate enough to get BPD diagnosis that is an instant right off and no one wants to know. When infact very few professionals that i've met even understand any personality disorder. I don't believe there is nothing that can be done for anyone, no one is a right off unless they right themselves off, but sounds like you need support and i hope here helps. I'm in the same position to the point that my diagnosis has been doctored and notes forged to fit their protocol so that they can label me chronic and not treat me. Don't give up, keep posting I think people here have more insight than the mental health teams anyway. I think most of them should be in therepy themselves. I feel bad that I have such a negetive experience of the NHS but sadly it all comes down to money not patient care, i certainly wouldn't want you to feel rejected please keep posting luv Tabi

Hi and :welcomeani: (((((((((((Tinkerbell)))))))))))

I hope you can find the support you are looking for here. I'm sorry that the "professionals" have been of no use...I can relate to that :huh:

Take care x

Apologies for the delayed repsonse - finally mangaged to get some sleep after an incredibly exhausting and scarey 24hrs awake and frightened. :(

Thanks to all who have and read, but also repsonded to my post in such a welcoming a supportive way - it is priceless to me right now....

Hope to be of help to others too when my mood and instability have lifted a little.

Nite all and of course..........(((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))) to everyone on the forums xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Did Community PALS tackle them over this?

to fit their protocol so that they can label me chronic and not treat me.

hi tinkerbell

i had almost the same thing happen to me not too long ago so i understand what your saying. it still is almost the same now .

what i wanted to say is that im here for you. glad you came to join us all!!

:bigarmhug[1]::bigarmhug[1]: :bigarmhug[1]:

Archived