Mental Health Forums

New Here And From Germany

ani79

Heya, that would be cool if we can meet up sometime. No rush though. I have never actually met somebody from face to face that has problems that I have. That's quite scary but could be interesting :) We could go having a pint with our boyfriends or without :P

Take care

x

ani

Maybe one day we will. I need time to get used to people first for sure. Overcome my social fears. But I'll meet pip soon :)

I've met quite some people with severe mh problems in hospital and a clinic and one of my best friends has bpd traits, too. I've known her before either one of us was diagnosed.

It's quite good not to feel like a complete freak.

Eva

Hi, Ani!

And hi Eva too, and to all here who speak German.

Maybe you want to add me to your MSN so maybe you can teach me a little?

I live in Switzerland since December, and it's being soo difficult to learn! (let alone the Swiss German... DUDE!)

I understand, but for God's sake, I CAN'T SPEAK.

It's like a blockage.

Auf Wiedersehen! (Or, as people say here, "Auf Wiederlüege!")

Hi there

No I don't understand swiss German either :blink: It's like another language to me. I like learning languages though. Spanish, that's exciting! ?que-tal? Soy muy bien. I get confused with Italian and Spanish though. :huh:

Eva, yeah one day we will meet up. Have a good time at Pip's through. :rolleyes:

Keep in touch

ani

It's me again. Sorry but I have a really silly question for you Eva. Do you have problems saying the word "SQUIRREL" as well? I cannot pronounce it at all. :unsure:

Sorry for that really silly question.

I like silly! And as it happens I love squirrels. It's a hard word to pronounce and the first fifty times that I used it I expected someone to tell me that I say it all wrong. Now I either get it right or I don't care :D

What about words like "clothes" or the w's? I'm getting better at the w's but it still happens that I say "vork" or "vorse". My bf loves it when I get something wrong and sound foreign (a lot better than my usual english accent in his eyes!)

oh, in case anyone wonders, how I'd use the word squirrel so often, I keep looking out for them and talk about feeding them whenever I'm in any sort of park and you can't tear me away when I find one :blush:

And I dream of having a pet squirrel, though I know it's impossible.

A pet squirrel? :lol: That's quite cute! My "w"s in English are alright, though when I talk fast then I could say: I vonder vort se skrivel does in my drawer. ( :P )

Problems with clothes and length. Best if you pronounce it clods and lengds. My bf finds it funny too. And then I show off with some scots like: Gae haeme tae far ye came fae! (Go home to where you came from)

Good luck with your dream having a pet squirrel. One day ............................

I always wanted a monkey that I can carry around with me, sitting on my shoulder. :rolleyes:

bye now (winke winke)

Monkey on my shoulder, that's great too!

My bf loves rats as pets and always wants to convince me to have one and I always say that I don't like the tails. A while ago he told me that they discovered a new species that's like a rat but with a tail like a squirrel. That would be perfect for me! Can't really have a pet squirrel, I don't think it would like being held as a pet :(

When I spoke to Pip on the phone today she was really disappointed about my posh english accent. Don't ask me where I got it. I reckon I've watched too many BBC literature adaptations. And I read about two Victorian novels a week (yes, the really fat books!) for a few years. During that time my English went from good to almost like a native speaker I guess.

I'm useless at scots and I would so love to have a slight scottish accent! Maybe in time....

*zurückwinke* :D

Hi, Ani, and welcome!

How nice to have somebody here from Germany! Most on this list seem to be from the UK. I'm in the States, myself. Tonight is the first time since I joined this sight about a week ago, that I felt 'okay' enough to go ahead and make a bunch of 'welcome' posts to others who are rather new also...

I hope you find the support and friendship here that you are looking for.

allpsychedout

Hello and welcome to you as well, allpsychedout.

It'a a nice forum with lots of information and support. For myself, the knowing that it's there helps me already. Hope you find support and friendship as well. There is another girl from Germany as you noticed. Most of them are UKs though.

A few months ago, I thought I would want to live in the US cause I am more a country girl and I love wide open spaces and stuff. So I thought I would apply for the Green Card Lottery. Unfortunately my boyfriend can't do this cause UK doesn't take part of it. But we decided to go for holidays to Texas. There is a German family business that run a holiday ranch there. :rolleyes:

ani

Hi again, ani,

>There is another girl from Germany as you noticed.

I can't think who it is just now, but I did see that, somewhere here...

>A few months ago, I thought I would want to live in the US cause I am more a country girl and I love wide open spaces and stuff. So I thought I would apply for the Green Card Lottery. Unfortunately my boyfriend can't do this cause UK doesn't take part of it.

Well, the US still has lots of unpopulated areas, which makes it more 'comfortable' for many of us. But I've not even heard of the 'Green Card Lottery'. I just know that it's very hard, to be allowed into another country for more than 3 months, for any reason. Between the US and Canada it's 6 months, though.

>But we decided to go for holidays to Texas. There is a German family business that run a holiday ranch there. :rolleyes:

Eeee! Where is the ranch? Bandera County, perhaps? I'd really like to hear more about this. I live in East Texas! When do you plan to come over here?

I need to be in or near those 'wide open spaces', too, even though this last move of mine was from a tiny country settlement to a town of 100,000 or so. But VERY close to the countryside, lots of greenspace and trees in it, etc. It's the only way to go, for me...

allpsychedout

http://www.official-green-card.org/

http://www.scorpioranch.com/

The other German girl is Eva. She also posted in this thread, if you look up this page.

We planned to come over to Texas this year but now we are moving from Aberdeen city centre to country. So we are perhaps too busy this year but definately next year. I also want to see Louisianna, Tennessee and Colorado. Have a friend in Montana as well. I used to work in an American company in Germany and made friends with the Americans. This is the company

http://www.wgint.com/locations/locations_euro_theissen.html

That's right, its not easy to live there longer for 3 months. Most people come in through the Green Card Lottery through.

What movie do you mean? I like movies that play in the country side. e.g. (Marlboro country) ^_^

I had to reply, do you know what, i love germans lol. . . yeah im a silly old aussie hehe

Im glad you found the site and i hope its of great benefit to you, im sure it will be. . .

Take care!

Babs xx

Hey

How's it going mate? I wonder why you love Germans. Anyway I love Aussis. I was one of those crazy backpackers in OZ for one year. Then in Brisbane in the Down Under Bar, where I worked, I found my scottish boyfriend. :rolleyes: Now I have to put up with that nasty weather here! :o

Hope the forum is treating you well, too.

x

ani

Welcome Avi, you've come to a great place. I found it myself just a week ago, and am so grateful. I totally relate to how good it feels to be among...well, your own people :) Guess in some ways everyone here is more like my family than my real one, if family has anything to do with belonging.

Interesting to see so many Germans Brits Aussies...I'm Indian, by the way...any other Indians here??

Archived