Mental Health Forums

In The Pit

claudine

Iv'e been struggling all fucking day. I can't stand it. The hole just keeps widening. I don't want to post but I can't seem to do anything else. My shrink is on a fucking cruise. Everything feels unfamiliar and unfriendly. I feel like I'm writing this to myself. Very isolated. When I start slipping I don't know how to ask for help. Feel so empty. Should have tried to do something sooner. Now I can hardley move.

c

((((((((claudine))))))))) you aren’t alone, it just seems that way sometimes, especially when things are bad. i find writing it all down, if theres loads going on in my mind, helps. being empty and alone is one of the worse things… but it does get better. don’t blame yourself for not getting help sooner… just try now. if your shrink is away on holiday there will always be someone covering them while they are away- so give them a ring and they should be able to help or point you in the right direction of where to get help from. and we’re always here! keep on chating and posting! thinking of ya loads, just hang on in there,

take care, jo xx

C..

i absolutely hate it when my shrink leaves... i go bonkers. they do come back tho (course then you have to hate them for the next month because you are so pissed at them). dont feel bad about posting... post sooner next time.

hang in there.

bets

No you are not writing this to yourself. I hear you and I understand you - I really understand.

You are not alone. Let’s promise ourselves that we will get through this.

And - WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!!!!!

Take care

hey guys,

Thanks, I'm a little better. i don't do well on my days off work. Not enough distractions. I'm not sure what to do, I've never handled being alone well. I struggle with making contact also. I don't answer my phone, I don't really understand what happens. I don't even answer the door. Guess I should just not take off work.

c

Claudine~

Glad you are feeling better........

I have the same problem....Too much time off, is too much time thinking.......

I started doing Art stuff....

Is there something like that you can do? It seems to help me.....Takes my mind off stuff :blink:

Take Care!

Home is not structured enough for me. I ask my husband to tell me what to do next sometimes, because it gives me direction. I know it doesn't sound very good, asking to be told what to do, but it works for me at home when I'm feeling that way. Other times at home I do fine.

Ann

I forced myself to go out, some friends wanted to go to a 'Haunted Forest'. It was very silly and fun. I was a little worried about being triggered by being 'spooked', but everyone just ended up laughing. (myself included).

c

Claudine,

That is SO good to hear. We have spook houses here, and I know what you mean about them being a bit stimulating, but it sounds like you were with a good group and in good spirits. Nice to have friends...

Verbena

Archived