Mental Health Forums

~computer Help Needed~

Vorpalblade

Is anybody in here good with computers?

I have an annoying problem with mine that i am hoping someone will be able to sort out.

It's to do with those little icons at hte bottom right of your screen and one of mine disappearing. It's my wireless connection one so i do really kinda need it.

If anybody thinks that they can help me please reply.

Oh, and i know that it isn't because i don't have the box ticked in My Network Places, Rigth click on connection, Properties, tick "show icon" box beacuse i have done that.

thanks in advance

Bladey

sorry i dont know - i always get my gf to deal with any problems i will ask her later but that wont be till after 7 hope u get a answer b4 that

take care hope u r having a good day apart from that

it is Pip because i have a desktop shortcut too, and if i click on that it connects it, but that doesn't always work. It ALWAYS works with the missing icon hence the need for it back.

Yep.

I get your point.

I can only do computers when they are infront of me

Sorry - I am no help

You need a whizz.

Could you reinstall your connection?

Pip

x

PS-I had to do that once

Is there an option somewhere in properties to hide inactive icons, can you right click on it? My computer does that...But that is on windows. I'm not sure about any other package.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Blade,

what do you use? this is how I would do it (I use Windows XP - home edition)....right click by the options in the right hand corner and select the "Customize notification" option, this should give you a window showing all the program icons that appear then....you then click on the one you want to change...assuming it appears in the list and then change the option to "Show always".....mine currently says "hide when inactive"....if this does not do the trick then I am sorry as I have no other suggestions.

I think this might be what Jopo was suggesting.

JT

yup that is what i did, i changed it to Always Show, but in that box the icons are seperated into 2 sections, Active ones and Past Items, the icon i want/need is in hte Past one and it won't move back into the Active/current one. this is where my AARRGH comes in

Archived