Mental Health Forums

Anxiety At Wasting Time

bored-a-line

hi, i am writing after opting out of going out on a saturday night due to family pressure to be home early and other stuff...

question is, it makes me anxious to not be out on a saturday night and i feel anxious that i'm missing out and wasting my time doing nothing, how can i make myself less anxious without going out and causing a rukkus at home.

does anyone else have this problem, feeling stressed out and anxious cos their parents or family or whoever keep freaking out if they dont have total control over them the whole time?

i'm also stressed out cos i dont really trust the friends i go out with or myself, it might be rubbish and i might suddenly get tired or start acting like a freak. i dont trust that my friends really like me anymore (claire this is not a stab at you), i avoided people for ages and so they stopped asking me out and now i have to ask around and that to me means they still might not like me..

...i sound like a 6 year old!...its weird.

this is a stupid post, i dont even know what good anyone answering will do, im just trying to describe somewhere thow i feel. maybe i should keep a journal..sorry :wacko:

.....sorrry you're feeling bad. I moved far away from my family 8 years ago because I needed to get away from them and the threat of being near them.

Have you tried Live Support? - it's very good.

I get anxious bout not going out. I went to bed before 11 last night and i thought i am 20 years old i should b out having fun not going to bed, but i was sooo tired and not in mood to go out anyway.

I have a couple of mates i trust tho. One is great but she gets mad at me when i wont b sociable but she tries to understand.

I like the safety of my home and stuff, i dont think it matters greatly if i go out. i do think i will miss stuff and wasting my life but if i go out i will b uncomfatable and stressed out.

I'm getting confused now bout what i am writing/thinking! :wacko:

Hope u feel better soon and sorry if that doesnt make sense.

Take care

Tory

Hi folks,

Those feelings sound familiar. When we're low it's the whole business of dealing with people and their expectations that is a burden. Then we start blaming ourselves for feeling low in the first place.

Vicious circle.

Over the years I've developed the strategy of using my energies as wisely as I can. If I'm low I rest, If I'm brighter I do something that's fun. If someone's giving me a hard time I back off. It's not too complicated.

But, I'm lucky, I am long past the parental guilt trip, and did they do a number on me? Yes they did.

I hope you all find some safe space to be in and some people that understand and care about you without hassle.

Cheers, cooler :)

Over the years I've developed the strategy of using my energies as wisely as I can. If I'm low I rest, If I'm brighter I do something that's fun. If someone's giving me a hard time I back off. It's not too complicated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get what you mean, Cooler. I have just started to realize that when I am ok, I need to go out and do something, I just have to see how things go and how I feel depends on what I am able to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that when I don't do useful things with my time I feel very guilty, but my worst problem is with time frames....

If I am supposed to be somewhere at a certain time or have told someone I will meet them at a certain time I get absolutely frantic if I think I am going to be even a second late...

This goes for others too - if they are not at the place at the exact time, I get very angry and upset - almost to the point of punching someone if they are 2 or 3 minutes late. I hate this about myself - but it is one of the things I just cannot change - I guess it's something to do with needing to feel totally secure...

Not sure if this how other people feel but I just thought it might be somehow related to this topic - thanks

Ginny

so here i sit on a saturday night...NOT feeling like i belong anywhere else and NOT feeling anxious about not being out.

you know why..because now i feel i have a secret to keep (with starting meds) and composure to keep. its weird and my life will change a lot if i keep this up.

Archived